• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FGM Forum: no access ?!?
08-14-2008, 06:22 PM,
FGM Forum: no access ?!?
I know this may not be the best place to post, but since FGM is closely "related" to The Blitz I thought it the best place to post.:cool:

I can't get anywhere but to the homepage fo the Few Good Men site.Cry Anyone can enlighten me why this is ?

Thanks !cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM,
RE: FGM Forum: no access ?!?
Long story but here we go.

From about a fortnight ago the FGM forum started behaving slowly and connection dropped out often. I contacted my webhost after it went offline. They advised me that the server on which I was being hosted had crashed.

The advised me they would be migrating me to a new server.

This worked and the FGM forums were back briefly about 5 days ago only to crash almost instantly.

Now... the crux... the database has disappeared of their servers and they are attempting to find a back up.

So we are in limbo at present until they can locate the DB on their servers.
08-14-2008, 11:53 PM,
Thank you !

Just got back form my holiday, so I didn't knew the history.
08-15-2008, 01:36 AM,
These damn webhosts do this a lot...Try Bluehost or 1and1 they are very reliable, sorry to hear this.
08-15-2008, 08:20 AM,
Wow. Does that mean all the Ardennes Campaign stuff is lost ????
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
08-15-2008, 08:37 AM,
Never fear Jobu.....I can rebuild it all as I have it all backed up. I planned for just such a disaster.
Lord Bane
08-15-2008, 10:52 AM,
This was clearly the mischief of computer gnomes.

They inhabit databases, mainframes, and central computers. In rarer instances, they will inhabit personal computers, laptops, and other computer peripherals...

Get the FACTS about the GNOMES: Computer Gnomes

Last winter I lost a serious amount of work because of those damned gnomes... A couple short stories, and many hundreds of pages of a novel I was working on... POOF! The entire lot turned to gibberish, unsalvageable. It was if my hard drive has just undergone a terse shaking, and the tattered remnants of my work laid strewn about like so many dirty argyle socks...

I still can't fathom how it happened... I was being clever by saving to both my hard drive and an USB flash drive... Then, all of a sudden, in a SINGLE INSTANT, ALL COPIES on both the USB drive AND my Hard Drive become corrupted... I was left white knuckled and jaw agape...

"Impossible!" I yelled, but to not avail... Gnomes seemed the most logical culprit of such an improbable, unlikely coincidence... But not to worry, I've gotten over it... *twitch*...

Actually, I took it as a sublime supernatural sign that my stories were all rubbish and unsellable, which in fact they might have been...

Whoops, sorry for the devilish hijacking... This isn't Mikey, the gnomes actually wrote this by stomping their stout asses all over his keyboard...

"MwAHahah!"
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM,
Its crashed again... AAARRRGGGHHH!!
08-15-2008, 09:17 PM,
LOL... ok it hasnt... my Romanian vampire friend was playing... !!
08-16-2008, 06:38 AM,
FGM is now back up and running smoothly.