• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need pbem opponents
12-24-2008, 11:04 AM,
RE: Need pbem opponents
Quote:Hi Sarge,

I can play with all these rules, within reason. Unfortunately, the CM game-engine (from end-of-battle to new-battle), has the bad habit of taking a unit that was in a dwelling/building and throwing them out in the street. Needless to say, I'll be teleporting those front-line units to the rear, and safety.

Send me your list of scenarios/Ops, or post them here.

Thanks,
Ken

Ahem, there will be no teleporting on my watch soldier :)

Yes, the AI can be very naughty, so i allow "any" units that were originally in cover to be re-positioned back into that cover or the nearest similar cover available.

I will send you an e-mail with some scenario suggestions.

Cheers,
Bilko
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:You can send me a 3000 pt QB if you want, Ken - we haven't played in a while...

Hi D.K.

In the past, we've played on custom maps. Did you have one handy, or did you want the computer to generate a map...?
Do you have any map prefs, or time period/battle type prefs...?

Cheers,
Ken
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM,
Sgt Bilko Wrote:

I can play with all these rules, within reason. Unfortunately, the CM game-engine (from end-of-battle to new-battle), has the bad habit of taking a unit that was in a dwelling/building and throwing them out in the street. Needless to say, I'll be teleporting those front-line units to the rear, and safety.

Send me your list of scenarios/Ops, or post them here.

Thanks,
Ken

Ahem, there will be no teleporting on my watch soldier :)

Yes, the AI can be very naughty, so i allow "any" units that were originally in cover to be re-positioned back into that cover or the nearest similar cover available.

I will send you an e-mail with some scenario suggestions.

Cheers,
Bilko

Hi Sarge,

Well... okay. I specifically remember playing CMAK-NP1 (Race for Caen), as German. The Allied advance would leave German set-up forward-zones where my unit could only be transported to the rear zone. Units within these forward zones were unable to reposition in the forward zone.
Of course, that won't be a problem if I'm the attacker in the Op...!

Cheers,
Ken
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM,
No real prefs - we can just use a computer map - but I like medium hills and at least medium trees to hide behind....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM,

Well... okay. I specifically remember playing CMAK-NP1 (Race for Caen), as German. The Allied advance would leave German set-up forward-zones where my unit could only be transported to the rear zone. Units within these forward zones were unable to reposition in the forward zone.
Of course, that won't be a problem if I'm the attacker in the Op...!

Cheers,
Ken

I see your point, ive never come across that situation before.

Well i would suggest that if during the Attackers advance defending units are bypassed, this would constitute encirclement, in that case the encircled units in reality would be cut off and have to move / fight their way to their own lines, therefore re deployment in the to the rear would be unrealistic and therefore disallowed.

This then puts the onus on the defender to consider this and choose his positions with that in mind and it also rewards the attackers for making swift and bold moves if they work.

However i am willing to discuss any problematic situations if and when they arise.

Say for example that you have a defending unit in a house surrounded by open ground and cut off as you suggested, after the battle if they are placed outside in the open by the AI with only the choice of staying put or being tele ported to the rear then i would agree to the following;

The attacker must not fire on the unit until they have physically moved back into the house during the first move turn.
Also if the unit hadnt been spotted prior to the game ending then the attacker not only will allow the unit back into the house but also act as though ignorant of the presence of that unit.

Does that sound reasonable ?

However given the length of operations i am hopefull that the battle will not stand or fall based on such anomalies.

Cheers, Bilko.
12-27-2008, 12:20 AM,
if you still have room send me something or say the word and i'll send something over....if no room put me on the waiting list.

Walkure
12-28-2008, 05:39 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:No real prefs - we can just use a computer map - but I like medium hills and at least medium trees to hide behind....

Hi DerK

I'm sending a set-up over.

Cheers,
Ken