• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

cannister round video
01-09-2009, 06:44 AM,
cannister round video
Shotgun Tank Round
The Tank Cartridge, 120mm, Canister, XM1028, is a tank round comprised of 1150 (est.) tungsten balls, which are expelled upon muzzle exit. There is no fuse on this round.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.d...ent=170421
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM,
RE: cannister round video
pretty cool....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM,
...if you're not on the receiving end ;)
Send this user an email
01-10-2009, 02:00 AM,
Looks quite impressive.
Must be very effective at the right distance/range.
One round can take out an entire squad and even significantly damage a tight platton formation.
01-11-2009, 02:15 AM,
Hi All,

That's how the C-round in the CMBB T-34 is modeled, but from what evidence i saw posted at the battlefront-site, it was in fact a timed/fused round, and was NOT a coffe can full of buckshot.

That's why I think all scenario designers should remove C-rounds from T-34's, and replace with a mix of AP and HE.

...And can anybody post an actual AAR or account of the Germans using C-rounds from AFV...? I know... technically these rounds were available, but are there any accounts at all of any C-rounds actually being used in combat...?

Maybe Jason C. or some other Grog has some data...

Sincerely,
Ken
01-11-2009, 11:56 AM,
Ken F. (FGM) Wrote:That's how the C-round in the CMBB T-34 is modeled, but from what evidence i saw posted at the battlefront-site, it was in fact a timed/fused round, and was NOT a coffe can full of buckshot.

What the Soviets were using was actually Shrapnel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrapnel

a round that was being phased out in other armies. There is now an added confusion in that the use of the term "shrapnel" has more recently come to mean any short of shell fragments, either bits of the casing or stone fragments thrown out by the blast.