• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quick Battle Settings
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM,
Quick Battle Settings
I received a great response to my 'rookie looking for a game posts'. Thanks to all. One of the games sent me was a QB battle. I have noticed all my units are Regular. My opponents units, those I have been able to fully identify, are Veteran. I have to wonder, "Am I being set up?" Have I been assigned an inferior force? And if so, is this reflected in the victory points? Is there a way to check the settings of a QB game?
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM,
RE: Quick Battle Settings
You aren't being set up. Veteran troops cost more per man than regulars, so you will make up in numbers what you may lack in quality. Or that's the theory anyway. For some unit types vets are worth it. Depends on the situation and what the other side tries to do, etc.
01-23-2009, 04:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM by raz_atoth.)
Are you sure it wasn't your mistake in the first place? ;) When you pick your troops for a QB at the top of the screen there is an experience 'tab',from where you can select the experience level of your troops.Obviously,as JasonC already pointed,the better the experience,the more points those troops will cost.You can check by simply opening the first turn your opponent sent you.If all the experience options are available(minus 'Elite'),then the setup is fine.If only Regular is available(or Green-Regular) it was your opponent's-innocent or not-mistake.
Send this user an email
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM by Sissisimo.)
Schwartzer Todt Wrote:I received a great response to my 'rookie looking for a game posts'. Thanks to all. One of the games sent me was a QB battle. I have noticed all my units are Regular. My opponents units, those I have been able to fully identify, are Veteran. I have to wonder, "Am I being set up?" Have I been assigned an inferior force? And if so, is this reflected in the victory points? Is there a way to check the settings of a QB game?

Let me guess you're playing as Soviets and year 41-43?

I think I read somewhere that early year Soviets quality is one below. So, maybe somebody read it too and now using it against you. Doesn't surprise my at all. Green inf can be tough to lead on open map.

EDIT: Ah, it was CMBO. Sorry..
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM,
The phrase "set up" was a bit strong. My apologies to my opponent. I was a bit stunned to see my main battle tank get smoked in a gun duel with an armored car and I noticed the experiance level differance in the troops. My question was does this get refelcted in the points system, which it apparently is, based on troop value. But is there anyway to review the settings of a QB game when it is sent to you?
01-23-2009, 08:11 PM,
At the beginning instead of a briefing you get list of the parameters selected, its just a text file in a box and probably you just clicked straight past it in your eagerness to get into the fight, certainly thats what I do.
QB picking is a seperate game and skill all of its own, welcome to the wonderful world of CM.
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM,
Click on the "briefing" button at bottom center of your screen while ingame. If the settings are "random" you may have gotten lower quality units assigned by the AI. As JasonC said, you may have lower quality units but you will have more of them.

AS for your main battle tank, I doubt if it was really an armored car that did it in. In extreme fog of war enemy units are often misidentified by your men.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-24-2009, 12:38 AM,
Hi,

Probably your opponent is me; the QB was setup by the program and I left the default values. About the elimination of your Cronwell IV I can give you the details; the armoured car is a PSW234/3, its gun is a 75mm and the shoot was taken at 550 m

at 500 m this 75 mm can perforate as follows:

86mm/0º
74mm/30º
43mm/60º

the shoot was frontal so protection for Cronwell IV is

Turret 76/0º
Upper Hull 63/0º
Lower Hull 57/10º

So the knock out is quite feasible.

In any case if you want we can start over as I don't want yo to think I'm trying to trick you. I'm playing for fun not for winning;(if you take a look at my statistics you will understand what I'm saying).

Miguel
01-24-2009, 01:36 AM,
Mystery solved! :happy:
01-24-2009, 11:04 AM,
Miguel - I sincerely apologize. I am new to the game.