03-15-2009, 11:33 AM,
RE: CMMODS Closing!!
arrgghhhh I'm heading over there now.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2009, 11:36 PM,
Bootie Wrote:Many mods there have a license that doesn't allow you to transfer them to a new host without the author's permission.

Redwolf pointed this out over at the BF forum.

Yeah but to be fair, unless I'm very much mistaken (and I often am), mod creators create them for us the players to use and surely most if not all of them would be happy that the art was still reaching the fans?

I can understand maybe some people might not like the idea of a Blitz Mod Library but maybe if we hosted it as "CMMODS" as is, even with existing profiles/membership continueing and made clear that you didnt necessarily have to be a member of or support the blitz to partake of the treasure?

I feel strongly that CMMODS adds immeasurably to my CM experience and would hate to see it dissappear.[/i]
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM,
A lot of the current mods are up with disclaimers along lines of "posted without creators permission, please get in touch if you have a problem with this"

Is anyone in touch with the current curator as he presumably clear on the legal issues and nothing would happen without his aid or at least assent.
03-18-2009, 03:08 AM,
Having made mods myself for DoW Raz is quite right, even though a mod is freely available on the net and is a community made resource this can be a very tricky area legally, caution should be taken as i know one website in particular that ended up in court over hosting something that they didn't get permission to host.

But it would also be a terrible shame to see it lost to us all. :(

cheers
03-20-2009, 02:03 AM,
The FGM is available for hosting those files that we receive permission for.

I mailed AndrewTF and he has given us permission and MikeyD has a use however you want on his mods.

I just hope the site stays up long enough for the FGM members to download from cmmods and upload to the FGM.

www.thefewgoodmen.com
03-25-2009, 12:40 AM,
A lot of designers are giving FGM permission to host their mods. A lot of emails have been exchanged and what not. At this point we have over 300 mods uploaded.

As with the cmmods website you need to be a member to download.

At the top of the forums is the downloads link.

Click this and it will take you to this screen where you choose which of the games you wish to download a mod from.

[Image: cm1.jpg]

Then you have the choice of Maps, Mods or Scenarios.

[Image: cm2.jpg]

When you select mods their is a choice of which mods you wish to download. (Bear in mind there is also a general search function)

[Image: cm3.jpg]

The mods available are then displayed in an easy to view way.

[Image: cm4.jpg]

Its a lot of work uploading these mods but we are working our way through them. If anyone wants to lend a hand drop me a PM.
03-26-2009, 07:00 AM,
Good work the FGM
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM,
The FGM are now hosting over 700 mods for BB and AK.

www.thefewgoodmen.com