• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Effects of Fire?
09-04-2009, 04:07 AM,
Effects of Fire?
Can troops stay in or enter a burning building with no ill effects? Will a building on fire ever deteriorate to rubble in a battle?
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2009, 04:32 AM,
RE: Effects of Fire?
They can sometimes enter a building, in a corner, but can't move through it.
Further you can shell it with arty or explosives and then it will collapse!

greets Owl
09-04-2009, 04:32 AM,
"Fire", as it corresponds to building fire, does not hurt troops.

There are two flavours of building fire:
1 - A low smoldering. Troops can enter will no ill effect.
2 - Full Blaze. Troops cannot enter.

A low smolder will eventually turn into a full blaze, depending on weather conditions, wind, etc. All troops inside a building that erupts into full flame will ignore any orders and hightail it outta there...

...Or at least that's how I understand it...
09-04-2009, 07:30 AM,
Think your right Mikey, i did once get an immobile MG team in a burning building once, can't remember what happened to them (in fact i think it was against you in the BBBR3 game over at FGM we had, i think we had one at least)

Also I don't think you can area fire buildings that are already burning, i think the order auto cancels.
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM,
Thanks, all. It has seemed I have had games where my opponent stayed inside a burning building but remained okay.

I have always exited a burning building or avoided entering one myself in any game, given the choice. But a lot has probably depended on what started the fire...with direct flamethrower or tank fire, I know the shock can send troops scampering away regardless. Smaller caliber fire, or area fire, might set a bldg. ablaze to a lesser degree, but you might then still hang on there during the course of a battle?

And I agree, too, there seems to be 2 levels of burning buildings...the smoldering flames around the base, and the bigger flames out of windows, etc.

I'm curious right now because I have a current battle going on where I could really use a ''level 1-smoldering building'' for cover--nearer a flag--if I know I can safely occupy it! I guess I will go for it--and hope for the greater glory, and hopefully not end up just another wiener on a stick!? ;)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM,
Why has my post answering the question been deleted?
09-06-2009, 07:31 AM,
See your inbox POS.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-06-2009, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2009, 10:23 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Ah, the PM where you say you don't allow me to post links to FGM!
That's where all my latest updated tactical posts are and I just thought Blitz members would like to know, that's all..;)

PS- hey a lot of us have got dual FGM/Blitz membership anyway (including you and me) and FGM is happy to carry links to Blitz so I'm a bit confused
09-06-2009, 10:23 AM,
Its all as I have discussed with you via PM, thanks POS.

Your more than welcome to post here, I know I have always learnt alot from your tactical posts.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-09-2009, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2009, 09:12 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
TESTS

PIC 1- I give everybody a fast move order smack through burning terrain and buildings.
[Image: fire1.jpg]

PICS 2 and 3- Ha ha ha, they cancel the orders and re-plot to take themselves skirting around.
[Image: fire2.jpg]

[Image: fire3.jpg]

PICS 4 and 5- Tanks and squads don't mind being given a move order up to the edge of the conflagration, but they won't accept an order telling them to go into the middle of it. (note how the movement line turns red to indicate 'no entry')
[Image: fire4.jpg]

[Image: fire5.jpg]

PIC 6- And neither will squads accept an order to enter a burning building
[Image: fire6.jpg]

Note - Sometimes terrain or buildings catch fire while a unit is in it, in which case it usually runs out after a turn or two unless its pinned. Other times panicking and routing units might run into flames by accident.
Also sometimes you can force your men into flames if the leader is very good or if the men are high quality or if the fire isn't very big, but once they're in there they get jittery and might run out later.