• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Screen Resolution Do You Use?
09-16-2009, 05:16 AM,
What Screen Resolution Do You Use?
I had bought a new widescreen monitor a few weeks back. Been thinking about getting back into the older Combat Mission series. Been having a hard time fine-tuning the older series to the resolutions of the new monitor and getting some stretching graphics which is very annoying.

For those of you who have widescreen monitors...what resolution do you find acceptable for this series? What resolutions are you using?

Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2009, 05:45 AM,
RE: What Screen Resolution Do You Use?
I think the max is 1600 x 1200, that is what I use. My monitor is 1920 x 1200. I believe I had to go into the monitor menu and select something liek "keep aspect ratio" so it doesnt stretch and distort the image.

For an old game, I think the graphics come out great.

good luck!
09-16-2009, 09:10 AM,
I use the 1600x1200 resolution on my new widescreen, and vista is set to 1920x1080 I think. There is very little distortion, at least none that i can see. I definately like the amount of battlefield I can see and now play at zoom lvl 4 most of the time instead of 3 and lower.
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM,
I have Vista and a wide screen monitor, and even with the best setting there is some distortion of vehicles that you will notice at first, but like anything else you get used to it and then it seems normal.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
09-17-2009, 09:16 AM,
Yes there is a bit of distortion but seems like these settings give me the least amount and nothing that would be a bother to most players I would think.
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM,
Yeah, this is what I've been experiencing as well. I've found one resolution which seems to do the trick but is not perfect. I guess I'll live with it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some trick or something and thus wanted to get your opinions on the issue.

Thanks.
09-17-2009, 11:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2009, 11:57 PM by ekrommen.)
Guys, I dont think you have to live with distorted images...somewhere there is a setting to let an app have its native resolution. I dont have experince with Vista though. In XP, there's nothing to do but get the monitor out of "stretch mode", which seems to be the factor setup.
09-24-2009, 11:15 PM,
My HP wide screen monitor has a default of 1400 X 900 and I don't detect any distortion..