• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM
10-04-2009, 10:45 AM,
Thumbs_Up  PBEM
looking for pbem player for cmbb & cmak...i like any kind of scenario only i prefer axis side...my msn is [email protected] i check my email ofthen ;)
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2009, 10:08 PM,
RE: PBEM
Valgor Wrote:looking for pbem player for cmbb & cmak...i like any kind of scenario only i prefer axis side...my msn is [email protected] i check my email ofthen ;)

You have mail :)
10-07-2009, 03:12 AM,
WARNING:

Valgor have started a game with me (presumably, following one of my posts on this forum) but after the first turn he said he didn't like that unbalanced scenario. I proposed to play a mirror game later but he refused to continue anyway.

I have to say this is not a fair play.
10-07-2009, 07:59 AM,
[quote=Andris]
WARNING:

Valgor have started a game with me (presumably, following one of my posts on this forum) but after the first turn he said he didn't like that unbalanced scenario. I proposed to play a mirror game later but he refused to continue anyway.

I have to say this is not a fair play.
...the scenario name is Forgethen outpost CMAK (for the curious one) ...and its way way way out of balance ...green units agains crack :conf:u should see this really... i dont see the point of playing a game that u will surely win or lose:chin:... its not even a mather of skills... just simple scenario fact...btw ..that scenario was of his chose ...and chosing a scenario that he will surely win agains a recruits!Whip..i dont know what to say ..guess i was hoping more coming from a caporal :( ...
10-07-2009, 08:17 AM,
I saw the scenario and I would also say it is unbalanced, I understand it is probably a waste in a sense to play 60turns + knowing teh end result more or less.

Andris; If a player mention he wants to quit this scenario after only 1 turnb, i dont think it is not fairplay. In the past I saw some guys that just disspear so I think stating that someone wants to abort after 1 turn is fairplay

Just my idea
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM,
Andris and Valgor, If a game is dropped after 1 turn due to a player thinking the scenario is unbalanced in my opinion that is fine is is fairplay, it the players who disappear and give no reason thats is unfair. So in this case No harm no foul.

I agree with Uranium in this case. Its not always about winning but you want to have a fair shot at it though. :)

As for not agreeing to play another battle there is no issue there either, there are plenty of guys out here wanting battle so just report. :)

Cheers
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-07-2009, 05:32 PM,
Some people are thinking about balance, and balance, and yet more bloody balanced balance. One should design a special scenario for them: just plain battlefield, no trees, no hills, with exactly the same number of exactly the same units on both sides (in CMBB, you can provide this with pro-Axis and pro-Allies Rumanians at a certain point, in August 1944, I believe, since the nation suddenly changed the side). That will be an ideally balanced scenario. Unbearably stupid and boring, too.

I prefer interesting scenarios that imitate real action. "Forgotten outpost" is certainly one of them. You can easily win it if you play for Axis against AI. It is not so easy to capture a fort in a desert without any artillery support or tanks, so after massacring the green units at the airfield and some quick fight in the village Allies have a really difficult and interesting task. We have started this scenario with another guy but he replies rather slowly, so I am not sure how long it will take. I'd still experiment on this with someone else.

No, what about balance? Well, if you care, then a mirror game is the answer. That gives an ideal balance: both players will be exactly in the same situation.

What I call unfair play is, first of all, whem one agrees to play a scenario and then suddenly blames the opponent for choosing a wrong one. I think it was in the rules that once you have seen the battlefield and moved your troops you HAVE AGREED to complete the game. Well, anything can happen, it is true, you may be too busy or the game may loose its attraction. This is fully understandable. Then, I assume, you are not in the position to blame the opponent but rather to apologise for discontinuing the game. Sorry if I am wrong.
10-07-2009, 05:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 05:45 PM by Andris.)
Just an example: we've played Sapristi (CMBB) with capitan fracassa (see https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/show...03&game=64). This is an absolutely unbalanced scenario. With both commander of app. the same level Russians have not got a slightest chance, for the same very reason: they are green. Still, it is a nice scenario for discovering the infantery tactics of 1941, if you like it.

The result was a draw: we both won a major victory as Italians.

BTW, I think I just messed up with evaluation there, it deserves 3 for balance and 7 for entertainment, while I put it the other way round).
10-07-2009, 11:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
Andris Wrote:Valgor have started a game with me (presumably, following one of my posts on this forum) but after the first turn he said he didn't like that unbalanced scenario. I proposed to play a mirror game later but he refused to continue anyway.

Our club rules in section seven say: "Acceptance is considered duly executed at the completion of the first turn. Once the turn is played by the first player (or first side for team play), sent to the second player (or second side for team play), played by the second player, and returned to the originating player, the game is subject to forfeit should either player discontinue play."

So if you both did indeed complete orders for the first turn, then it is an official game. If he refuses to complete the game, you can report a victory as outlined in rules section 9: (https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag...x.php?id=9)

If Valgor did not complete his orders for the first turn, then it is not an official game yet and there is nothing you can do. But if he did indeed complete his first turn orders, then if he doesn't respond in 21 days to your appeals to finish the game, you can report a victory. After all, if Valgor really wanted balance, he should have checked on the scenario before starting it.

This is the way to deal with those situations according to the rules - telling all about what Valgor did on the forums is not.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-08-2009, 01:39 AM,
true i should have inspected the scenario before accepting but hey ^^ am just a recruit:P...and i will finish the game according to the rules:bow: (btw adris u are unblock ps: reason i block is i hate to argue on email whit no modorator around ^^)...next time i will be awear of the lader claimber who use the recruits as stepsWhip to claim glory and hope it will help others new recruits as well ...STILL am open to play fews more PBEM game since i only have 2 ingaged..i play at least one turn per day ..i now prefer quick battle instead of scenario go figure:kill:..