• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM
10-08-2009, 03:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2009, 03:29 AM by Andris.)
RE: PBEM
Der Kuenstler, thanks. You just confirmed what I was saying to Valgor in a private message before commenting here. I quote: “People on the Blitz do complete the games they have started. Or they surrender. If they just drop, the other side claims victory”.

Valgor, if you really would like to complete the game, I am ready to do it. If you don't like it, don't bother. In any case, I will NOT claim a forefeit victory. I am interested less in collecting points (very few for this scenario anyway) then in a fair and responsible play.

I will just ask you to check anything BEFORE you agree, not AFTER. And I will ask for a bit more politeness and readiness to cooperate, mate. We are here to have fun, not to fight (in real life) with one another.
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2009, 04:22 AM,
Oh well - I think everybody needs a little fight in them to play a good wargame. ;) But very good show of honor and grace on both of your parts...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-08-2009, 04:35 AM,
Andris Wrote:Der Kuenstler, thanks. You just confirmed what I was saying to Valgor in a private message before commenting here. I quote: “People on the Blitz do complete the games they have started. Or they surrender. If they just drop, the other side claims victory”.

Valgor, if you really would like to complete the game, I am ready to do it. If you don't like it, don't bother. In any case, I will NOT claim a forefeit victory. I am interested less in collecting points (very few for this scenario anyway) then in a fair and responsible play.

I will just ask you to check anything BEFORE you agree, not AFTER. And I will ask for a bit more politeness and readiness to cooperate, mate. We are here to have fun, not to fight (in real life) with one another.
you are right Andris, i should have check and test before ...thank you for leting that one go tho ( pls ignore my last email,i was asking you to send the scenario again due to the rules)...maybe a quick battle sometime ? :) anyway ty again caporal... i will now go, as ordered ,peeling a thousand patetos for my ignorance (:censored: ^^ )
10-08-2009, 06:09 AM,
Valgor,

If you are still looking for an opponent, I am more than willing to play against you. Set a QB and send it my way. If you want a pre-made map, I have about a thousand so I can propose one if you wish.:cool:
10-08-2009, 07:17 AM,
:) i just made a 1000 point allies attack ...but feel free to make a other one if your not in a mood to play as attaker...see u up to the front ^^
10-11-2009, 10:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2009, 10:21 AM by Mad Baron.)
RE: PBEM -- ''surrender terms''
I would suggest there is another approach to ending a game early.

We already know about:
1.) You can say No Thanks, before both sides have done their 1st move each, and it's like the game never happened at all.
2.) You can click Surrender, and take the AI game result that follows.
3.) You can ''disappear'' after the game is in play, and suffer the consequences.

But there is another alternative, to a game already in play. Maybe you cannot continue for whatever reason (you know you might lose anyway, you know your job got too busy to play regularly, you have lost interest, etc.). Ask your opponent for ''surrender terms'' -- to end the game early, so as to not drag it out forever unnecessarily, but to where you will not lose Totally either. My experience, a stalwart opponent will always offer something less than a Total Loss to you, depending--of course--on just how far into the game you both were already.

There are a lot of gentlemen/good sports playing CM here! ;)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."