• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anybody else pre-order CMBN?
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM,
Anybody else pre-order CMBN?
Graphics look great. Hopefully the WWII setting will fix what bored me so much about CMSF
"Duck I says" -- Little Bill
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 02:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM by Splork.)
RE: Anybody else pre-order CMBN?
Nope - keepin' my money in my pocket til the early reviews are in. If it goes the way of CMSF, I'd rather wait the 6 months til they patch it to playable until I dive in.
Also, do the left hands of everyone in those screenshots shooting a rifle look awkward, or is it just me?
03-16-2011, 05:59 AM,
I'm with Splork. So far it looks like CMSF with a European WWII graphics patch to me. I'll wait for Panzer Command Ostfront.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 01:58 PM by von Nev.)
(03-16-2011, 05:59 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I'm with Splork. So far it looks like CMSF with a European WWII graphics patch to me. I'll wait for Panzer Command Ostfront.

I agree with Jobu88. This is CMSF with European graphics. I am going to hold off on buying this until I see lots and lots of reviews and comments.

BTW, don't take my word for it, just go over to the Battlefront.com website and start reading the forums. They write about the infantry sounds are stock sounds from CMSF and the graphics of "killed" tanks are the same as CMSF with limited change from how the "alive" tanks look even though they exploded.

I will be watching Panzer Command Ostfront too.
03-16-2011, 03:52 PM,
I am awaiting Ostfront as well. The jury is still out on CMN for me. Want to see what everyone over at Battlefront think of it before I jump in.
The thought of MODding Ostfront and being able to play anything on the east front is where it is at for me. The West always leaves me wanting, and never seems to deliver. Plus with CMN you will get what they give you and no more, Ostfront will be much more of a toolbox and we will not be stuck with just what the developers want us to have.
03-17-2011, 05:20 AM,
I pre-ordered it. I just love the West and the eye candy was too much for me to resist.
03-20-2011, 06:13 AM,
I have jumped in as well. Pre-ordered it about a week ago. Going to have a lot of fun with it.
03-20-2011, 06:34 AM,
I haven't pre-ordered it.

For two reasons;

1) I want to wait to see how much like CMSF it is. Gameplay, editor, etc.

2) I want to see how bug free it is. No more "disaster upon release" buys for me. I can wait a bit to make sure the game is what I want BEFORE I buy it.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM,
Mad Russian --- any updates on PCO ???
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-20-2011, 03:21 PM,
The last word from Matrix was an April release. I believe the biggest hold up at the moment is the demo and the manual revisions. With the changes made to the PC system I can imagine it will be like writing the manual from scratch.

Good Hunting.

MR