• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anybody else pre-order CMBN?
03-20-2011, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 02:55 AM by cargol.)
RE: Anybody else pre-order CMBN?
I ve preorder CMBN and i think it will be a hit.
As for PCO, i also believe that it wιll be a hit and i m waiting for its release.
If i could change sthing from the current form of the two games that would be
a) Random QB Maps for CMBN
b)Different representation of infantry strength and loses of a squad for PCO.
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2011, 08:24 AM,
Representations for losses to infantry squads in PCO was changed. Not sure what infantry strengths you would change.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-21-2011, 05:26 PM,
(03-21-2011, 08:24 AM)Mad Russian Wrote: Representations for losses to infantry squads in PCO was changed. Not sure what infantry strengths you would change.

Good Hunting.

MR

I mean that i would prefer a squad's strength to be measured in numbers rather than the 4 steps (full squad-light casualties-heavy casualties -destroyed squad) that is the current Representation.
Or this has changed?
03-22-2011, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 04:02 AM by Mad Russian.)
I see, no that part is still the same. The infantry combat model has had changes made to it now, but it gets the kind of attention to the model the armor and artillery got this time around, in the next game of the series. There was so much to make changes on we went far beyond a simple patch.

We had to leave something for the next game. That something is the infantry combat model, the orders interface, destructible terrain, CAS/AAA and the Western Allies.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-22-2011, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 04:10 AM by cargol.)
Never mind.
Still PCO will be a great game IMO and it is in my purchase list.
Keep on the good work.
03-22-2011, 07:07 AM,
I think step losses for the infantry will be fine. For myself, it does not matter if I have 6 men left or 7 men left in the sqaud, I tend to look at the graphic 3-man, 2-man, 1-man levels for the squads anyhow in CM. It works out to be the same step loss in both games.
It's gonna be great to see this thing in action, and am counting the days till April.
03-24-2011, 02:08 AM,
I have pre ordered the game, it does look good. Yes CMSF was a total mess when it came out but it plays well now.