• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re-Loading the Games
04-24-2011, 09:04 AM,
Re-Loading the Games
I was ''lucky'' enough to catch a computer virus the same day it was first identified...so there was/is no tool for fixing it yet. That was a couple days ago amd my computer tech. dumped everything and reinstalled Windows. PC is back now, and I'm reloading BO, BB, and AK...Windows XP computer that I keep almost solely for games. Can someone refresh my memory how you reinstall to where you get all the scenarios? Right now, I've gone no further than with just CMBO, and all I can do is play QBs or use the Editor...no scenarios or operations! :angry:

I didn't think I had to use an option [somewhere] that facilitated installing older games...I thought that had been with my Vista pc. :hissy:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2011, 09:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2011, 09:27 PM by British Tommy.)
RE: Re-Loading the Games
(04-24-2011, 09:04 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: I was ''lucky'' enough to catch a computer virus the same day it was first identified...so there was/is no tool for fixing it yet. That was a couple days ago amd my computer tech. dumped everything and reinstalled Windows. PC is back now, and I'm reloading BO, BB, and AK...Windows XP computer that I keep almost solely for games. Can someone refresh my memory how you reinstall to where you get all the scenarios? Right now, I've gone no further than with just CMBO, and all I can do is play QBs or use the Editor...no scenarios or operations! :angry:

I didn't think I had to use an option [somewhere] that facilitated installing older games...I thought that had been with my Vista pc. :hissy:
You can of course find scenario's here or at the Scenario Depot
Hope this helps :)
Ps, clicking on 'scenario depot' takes you to the web page.
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM,
Actually, not helpful. I'm trying to reinstall the games and all their original content.
04-25-2011, 01:04 AM,
New development. CMAK seemed to install just fine. All the original scenarios and ops are present. With CMBO, the scenarios appeared in the game file in the Programs folder, but clicking on the desktop shortcut produced a game with no scenarios. Don't ask me how, but tinkering further with CMBO, everything is working as it should.

Problem solved, I guess. :thumbs_up:
04-25-2011, 01:14 AM,
(04-24-2011, 10:01 PM)Mad Baron Wrote: Actually, not helpful. I'm trying to reinstall the games and all their original content.

Thanks. Next time don't ask for help on the board :mad:
Obviously you were never taught 'please or thank you'.
04-26-2011, 10:31 AM,
Well, that was a rude post. I'll request help anywhere I want to; I don't need your permission. Since I wasn't offered any ideas to fix my stated problem, I continued to muddle through the reinstall on my own, and finally stumbled on the solution (and mentioned that in a new post so no one else needed to offer new suggestions). And now I'm supposed to thank myself?? Doesn't make any sense.
:boom1:
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM,
Burnt he folds CMBO, CMAK and CMBB to a DVD. Next time something happens copy them from the DVD to your hard drve.