• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pre-planned artillery with rockets ??
01-31-2012, 11:16 AM,
Pre-planned artillery with rockets ??
I'm playing a game in which I have a rocket spotter. I gave him orders for a pre-planned Fire Plan on turn 1. Based on my previous experience with rockets, I expected all of his 200+ rockets to land within the first two turns, or at most 3 turns. Instead, I got one turn with perhaps 20 rockets impacting, then a two-turn wait for the next salvo of 20 or so rockets, and then two more turns waiting. Very odd. Has anyone experienced the same thing with a rocket spotter?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 09:14 PM,
RE: Pre-planned artillery with rockets ??
It must be some thing to do with rocket spotters, as you know if you set them on a target when the game is being played they alway's take a lot of turns before they fire of......I would say the two are linked, it is a time factor
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
02-01-2012, 06:55 AM,
Depends on how many rounds are available, but when you don't add extra rounds (scenario) they normally fire their rockets in 2 turns.
@ Hedgehog, I think you should use them only for pre planned targets or firing at TRP's, otherwise you have to wait for some 10 minutes what in this game is not very useful

Greets Owl
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM,
IF you are speaking our game, is it taking into account reload since they are NBwf rockets?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM,
I believe some arty is fired in spaced volleys. Over several turns. I couldn't say in detail which or what types, but I know it's not always continuous firing.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-18-2012, 08:07 AM,
Well his rockets are landing on me quite nicely!!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-23-2012, 10:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM by Bert Blitzkrieg.)
Look at the stats of the FO. It tells you how many tubes/launchers there are. If you're ammo is/was larger then the number of launchers they need to reloaded for a second and or third volley.

BTW, reloading of (German) rocketlaunchers can take several minutes.
(try the CMAK scenario "Rockets and Roll" if you like rockets!).