• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Nothing Gets Forwarded??
04-01-2012, 02:57 AM,
Nothing Gets Forwarded??
Two things that don't seem to work anymore, and I wonder why? (and it's not going to my spam folder)
1.) Game results notification(s) from Blitz isn't happening for me.
2.) Subscribing to a thread and asking for notifications of new posts doesn't work anymore (for me anyway).

Anyone else experiencing this?? Dont Know
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 05:59 AM,
RE: Nothing Gets Forwarded??
I haven't received results notification in years, but most likely it's something to do with my anti-virus or the fire-wall thingee...

For what it's worth...
Ken
04-01-2012, 07:29 AM,
I'm no computer whiz-kid, and don't have fancy pc protections, but I received a game result in December...and none since. And I can check this thread to get reply notifications, and nothing happening with that anymore either.

Oh well....Confused
04-01-2012, 07:35 AM,
What email programs and firewalls are you guys using?
04-01-2012, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 08:00 AM by Mad Baron.)
(04-01-2012, 07:35 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: What email programs and firewalls are you guys using?

Email: Outlook Express -- the same for years

Don't know that I have any Firewalls (would have to ask my computer tech), but I use a free version of Norton anti-virus he recommends.

Does this help?
(04-01-2012, 07:48 AM)Mad Baron Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:35 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: What email programs and firewalls are you guys using?

Email: Outlook Express -- the same for years

Don't know that I have any Firewalls (would have to ask my computer tech), but I use a free version of Norton anti-virus he recommends.

Does this help?

I also have ''Malwarebytes'' anti-Malware (free) protection -- also been using this for a couple or more years or so.....

Silly me. My Norton anti-virus does cost a little each year. (My previous virus protection--a couple years ago--was free.)
04-01-2012, 08:05 AM,
I will forward it to our tech guy. I am very confident he will have some ideas as to what is going on.
04-01-2012, 08:09 AM,
For the record I always get Game results notification......Have you changed your email and not told the Blitz ?
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
04-01-2012, 08:20 AM,
Thank you's to: Compass Rose...and also Hedgehog, and Ken F.

I will be anxious for a solution to this mystery. I haven't changed my email address. I'm a creature of habit. I change little to nothing I don't have to...I still have some sport shirts I've been wearing for 10 years--haha. Big Grin
04-01-2012, 08:52 PM,
This is a problem that some members come across, although it is unusual that your email first accepted the sites messages and now is obviously blocking them (as they are not in your junk folder), it is possible that your ISP has added the site to their "banned list" and hence without you doing anything your end you have been "cut off".

I have looked at your ISP and it is not one that we know blocks our messages (like comcast), so i am not really sure what is going on?

If you are desperate to receive the messages you could set up a free Hotmail or Gmail email as we know they will allow the messages through, obviously you would need to change your address at your profile (very easy). ;)
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM,
Thanks, Foul. I could consider using my free Yahoo email account, but I normally don't even look at it, and rarely get anything through it anyway. It would probably be easier to just leave everything as-is...and just check back here at Blitz more frequently.