• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
01-23-2014, 02:30 AM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
(01-23-2014, 01:27 AM)Xaver Wrote: O thanks, i dont remember this from some PzC and the alternate formations in OOB but here at HQ level.

Then if a regimental HQ is destroyed appear the "2nd" commander or appear a generic regimental commander???.

And talking about OOB, how works attach units in PzB??? is like in PzC only in night turns??? and if is like this what is the lower unit you can attach??? i think for example:

You have A and B regiments with 2 infantry battalions, A1 A2 B1 B2, you move all MG units in A regiment to A1 and use one A1 infantry company in A2 other in B1 and last in B2 or play with arty units at this level to trade arty for an infantry company between battalions.

So many questions hehehe.

We used this leader methodology in PzC Moscow '42, it is purely an OB thing.

The Regimental Commanders are placed into the scenario as per normal. Lets say we had a battle that ran for 5 days and Commander A was killed on Day 3 (historically). We would use Commander B in all subsequent scenarios on Days 4 & 5.

If a HQ is destroyed during a scenario it will be replaced just like in PzC with the same HQ, just disrupted, fatigued and weakened.

As far as attachments you can't do it while playing the game. It's purely for the scenario editor. It is unchanged from Panzer Campaigns and works essentially at Corp level. We have found little need for it other than to move artillery formations between groups to provide support. If it needs enhancement for future titles, we'll do it then.

Most HQ's have long command ranges and you can create ad-hoc kampfgruppe's 'virtually' by grouping the units you need together - without the hassle of linking it in the OB. One of the play testers loves borrowing paratroopers to ride around on the back of his tanks...! As long as you keep the parent HQ's in range there is no drama.

As far as artillery, there is usually enough with Battalions having their generic mortars, Regiments both mortars & infantry guns and then the Divisional and Corp artillery. How effective it is, is dependant on the situation.

On top of that you have air and that is changed quite a bit from Panzer Campaigns, but I'll save that for another day....! Helmet Smile

David
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 04:56 AM,
(01-23-2014, 02:30 AM)Strela Wrote: One of the play testers loves borrowing paratroopers to ride around on the back of his tanks...! As long as you keep the parent HQ's in range there is no drama.

David

Interesting hint. I am pretty sure there was no Fallschirmjäger at Kursk Big Grin
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-23-2014, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 05:03 AM by Compass Rose.)
(01-23-2014, 04:56 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Interesting hint. I am pretty sure there was no Fallschirmjäger at Kursk Big Grin
There were paratroopers at Normandy and Market Garden! Stir the PotWhistle Rolling Eyes
01-23-2014, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 05:20 AM by Xaver.)
Naaaa dont be Lollipop

I think in the guards airborne divisions, you have the 2 in Steppe front, 5th guards army in 32 guards rifle corps (6th) 33 guards rifle corps (9th), the famous soviet airborne units with no planes elite on foot Flying Pig

Other option is a what if where germans have a small Fallschirmjäger to use behind enemy lines, at this level a battalion or two in a brigade... is a good option, or not??? even we can do it if in OOB editor we can define airborne units.

And talking about editors, PzB has minimap creation tool???.

Again, good try Strela but i am allways ready Sherlock LOL

EDIT: are other 3 airborne divisions in Central Front, 18th guards Rifle Corps 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions.
01-23-2014, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 05:36 AM by Richie61.)
(01-23-2014, 05:02 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 04:56 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Interesting hint. I am pretty sure there was no Fallschirmjäger at Kursk Big Grin
There were paratroopers at Normandy and Market Garden! Stir the PotWhistle Rolling Eyes

Really? Guess the skies the limit then LOL

(01-23-2014, 05:13 AM)Xaver Wrote: Naaaa dont be Lollipop

I think in the guards airborne divisions, you have the 2 in Steppe front, 5th guards army in 32 guards rifle corps (6th) 33 guards rifle corps (9th), the famous soviet airborne units with no planes elite on foot Flying Pig

Meaning how they stood on the wings of a Tupolev TB-3 to jump Jester
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-23-2014, 05:43 AM,
And they need use 1 parachute for 2 soldiers... they pass a special training for this to be a better couple, you know, who is the woman who the man ROTFLMAO

[Image: Russian%2Bairborne.jpg]

But the guys that need jump with no parachute... TEEHEE
01-23-2014, 05:12 PM,
If those counters with another colour on the side are also individual units, and assuming the HW stacks all have 6 units whilst displaying 4, 6th Panzer indeed has about 120-130 units.

The III Panzer Korps (Breith) screenshot is interesting, particularly the large number of small support weapon units (which was what I had thought it would be like based on the smaller unit scale requiring units to split up and not really allowing mixed units for AT guns).

Von Huenersdorff, commanding 6th Panzer, is still alive, he was shot in the head on the 13th of July. Schmidt's also still alive commanding 19th Panzer, he killed himself during Operation Rumyantsev. Von Funck, commanding 7th Panzer, was moved to Fuehrer reserve in the middle of Rumyantsev for some reason, shortly after receiving the Oak Leaves.
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM,
(01-23-2014, 05:12 PM)ComradeP Wrote: If those counters with another colour on the side are also individual units, and assuming the HW stacks all have 6 units whilst displaying 4, 6th Panzer indeed has about 120-130 units.

The III Panzer Korps (Breith) screenshot is interesting, particularly the large number of small support weapon units (which was what I had thought it would be like based on the smaller unit scale requiring units to split up and not really allowing mixed units for AT guns).

Von Huenersdorff, commanding 6th Panzer, is still alive, he was shot in the head on the 13th of July. Schmidt's also still alive commanding 19th Panzer, he killed himself during Operation Rumyantsev. Von Funck, commanding 7th Panzer, was moved to Fuehrer reserve in the middle of Rumyantsev for some reason, shortly after receiving the Oak Leaves.

I'll count them all one day.

It was a conscious decision to do individual batteries by type. Firstly that's the way the HW Company was structured and secondly being able to place your guns across the battalion - particularly on defence was important. It would be wrong to group them into a single six or nine gun mixed unit.

As far as your Divisional commanders, I believe they may all be there....

David
01-23-2014, 06:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 06:41 PM by ComradeP.)
Quote:It was a conscious decision to do individual batteries by type. Firstly that's the way the HW Company was structured and secondly being able to place your guns across the battalion - particularly on defence was important. It would be wrong to group them into a single six or nine gun mixed unit.

I understand the decision, and I think it works well for this scale.

However, numerous smaller units mean more units to move and fire with each turn, which could discourage some people from playing larger scenarios, if they feel they have to micromanage many units in order to use them effectively (moving a whole bunch of 3 gun units instead of a handful of ~6 or ~12 gun units, if not even bigger ones). I don't mind, personally, but I can see why some might feel it's a bit cumbersome for a whole corps.

I'm guessing Soviet unit variety is a bit lower due to there being fewer weapon systems and unit types in their OOB's (just like in PzC), so maybe it's just a typical German problem (again like in PzC, where individual German formations contain more units than Soviet ones even when the units are not broken down).

Presumably, 168 ID didn't fit into the screenshot.

Quote:As far as your Divisional commanders, I believe they may all be there....

Their pictures are, anyway.
01-23-2014, 08:40 PM,
Well,l have the option to divide the support units at this level is good for me but germans cant create big dedicated AT units like soviets can do, apart the diference between gun types you add in german OOB a 2nd problem, the transport, this prevent you can join two units in one and sometimes this is necesary, i prefer have 2 AT units in 1 in a key position to have more punch when they do defensive fire, is not the same have a shoot duel VS tanks when you have 2 units of 3 guns VS 1 unit of 6 guns, every shoot has bigger % to destroy a tank, less shoots for more damage over enemy and you reduce faster his firepower.

I think like ComradeP that soviets are going to be "better" thanks to a simple weapons system, they can play platoon or "company" with support weapons, i think for example they can create a Pak Front if need do it unlike germans (think 12 76mm guns in a single unit... great punch to reply enemy tanks).

Maybe a good evolution in Tiller games (apart others) is a way to join units with diferent stats/portraits in a single unit with average stats and a generic portrait to give players the option to use small units or bigger units.

Come on, when we can see the OPFOR units image??? i think the competition is closed a lot of time ago... apart that we know what is the PzB title... only ? is if we talk about Kursk or only Kursk South flank Helmet Rolleyes