• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
01-28-2014, 04:54 AM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
I agree with Compass. Keep in mind the time may not take as long. It might be an easy fix. We just don't know.
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2014, 05:17 AM,
Well, a 1.0 game version is going to have bugs... i remember many Tiller games released with OOB bugs or problems in scens (i think now in MAW where in some scens units appear with wrong facing) this small problems usually is better face them by brute force... this means release game and leave the hordes of wargames junkies find them LOL

The first thing i do with a new Tiller games is open all scenarios and do a recon mission over maps, OOBs etc etc to find bugs... feel like a bugbuster Gun Trick2

Now my "release date maths" say me 14/2/14 or maybe next week, I am very patient the problem is that I have no patience Big Grin2
01-28-2014, 10:09 AM,
(01-28-2014, 01:02 AM)Xaver Wrote: So or SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??? Waiting2 hehehe.

The question is how many cocktails of Redbull+monster+unicorn blood you need to finish the game, every new info about this made me Upset and wall structural integrity is weaker every new day Big Grin

A little question Tide1, in your signature what game is between Moscow42 and Campaigns??? thanks.

PD: no new "bones" for wardogs???

That's art work from a gent by the name of Nicolas Trudgian he does some excellent artwork...The prices are stunning also Helmet Smile For me it will be lots of coffee Smile I haven't seen a damn unicorn around here in years.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM,
Thanks for the info, is only that my 6th sense is ON and see in signature a serie of game images and one i cant say what game is... Rolling Eyes

Unicorns... dont worry is a question of hours/coffe cups x wargame junkies pressure to release game TEEHEE

Well, 2 weeks more waiting, expect we can see some sweets to relax nerves Cry
01-28-2014, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 12:21 AM by Strela.)
Vehicle Graphics
It's been a bit quiet since we moved to the new forum...

Or was it the revelation of the Santa Support Company?

To wake things up, here is an example of the art for vehicles. This is taken directly from the designer notes/FAQ.

All vehicles were drawn, but built in a modular fashion. This approach was preferable with various marks and modifications to vehicles. Adding schürzen armour, camouflage and decals completed this 1943 era Pzkw III N;

[Image: 3403e3354ePB%20Graphics%2030.png]

David
01-29-2014, 12:18 AM,
Who did the art work for this project?

They did a great job!
01-29-2014, 01:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 01:13 AM by Strela.)
(01-29-2014, 12:18 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Who did the art work for this project?

They did a great job!

Lets just put it this way - it was a team effort.

I have been maniacal about the quality of the graphics and more versions than I care to think about have been built for the hundreds of components in game (I just counted and there are 666 components to date!).

Each of these component requires EIGHT pieces of artwork.

Here are the counters for the PzKw IIIn shown previously. There are three counters for zoom levels 2 & 3 and then one for zoom level 1. Add the side unit art and that makes eight...

Blown up for detail
[Image: 0de1ba4770PB%20Graphics%2032.png]

One to One size
[Image: 692ce265e8PB%20Graphics%2031.png]

David
01-29-2014, 01:20 AM,
(01-28-2014, 11:50 PM)Strela Wrote: It's been a bit quiet since we moved to the new forum...

For those of you who are following very closely to all of this and those who are interested in this new series, don't forget to make sure that you subscribe to this new Panzer Battles Forum which can be done by selecting "Subscribe to this Forum" Smile

(01-29-2014, 01:10 AM)Strela Wrote: Lets just put it this way - it was a team effort.

A much deserved Well Done!

Well Done
01-29-2014, 01:21 AM,
Very nice. I drew top, front and side views of a 251/1, a Crusader tank, Spitfire, P-51 and the top and side view of the Italian BB Littorio back in HS in the 70s. Manual Drafting in the days before computer drafting. It pretty much doesn't exist any more. If I had the money and space for everything, I would still do something once in awhile. I had done computer drafting in Railroad Signal Engineering and Land Survey. Several different programs. It didn't carry the same luster as manual drafting though.
01-29-2014, 01:32 AM,
Is a complex work do a modular system... but at least is only for the first implementation of a new vehicle, things like change camo or create other variants is easier when you have a basic model and you edit it i see here at least the base for a tank model moving in sand hehehe.

Something i notice now... the NATO icon in unit image (the image that appear all unit info) doesnt change colour like the counter to show the organization??? i think this could be a visual help to see in a stack with lets see units from 3 diferent divisions (specially now when looks easier the creation of kampfgruppen).

I dont think Santa´s special shock unit break our fight spirit... other question is if it made enter in low status kleenex supply LMAO

More serious... i think that competition is a little dead, is not a great mistery... maybe know if title is
"PzB K***43: Clash of Titanks in the South flank"

or simple

"PzB K***43: The mother of all tank battles"

See some of the "Santa´s happy workers" could be a good add hehehe.

But work hard guys we need it and we need it YESTERDAY!!! damn, i try shoot down Santa when we dont have game last holidays Xmas3