• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
02-14-2014, 04:25 AM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
Well, I don't know about you guys however, I think it is safe to say that David's cover has just been severely compromised!

[Image: 24e5bd74a6th_superman.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2014, 05:55 AM,
We gave it away earlier, David visited me in Oklahoma last year and the game is the hypothetical invasion of America by the Germans And Soviets after they sign the Pact of Steel.
Rangers Lead the Way
02-14-2014, 06:16 AM,
Those were late war british tanks. I just hope the early part of the war is not neglected.

I wonder if we will ever see a series with individual soldiers with graphics somewhere on the scale between xcom and sudden strike. Scenarios from commanding a squad up to a battalion would be cool. But make it like CS where you have the different fronts or like PBs if you like. Scenarios in town where you might have to go room to room to clear it. That would be a really cool series.
02-14-2014, 06:17 AM,
So we are now possibly looking at a western front Panzer Battles game.

Great stuff.

But unlike the out-of-the-box version of SB’s Eagles Strike, will this include British, French, Canadian and other assorted forces that battled their way across France and into Germany?

Spud.
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM,
Parallel development of two (or more!) titles?

If the engine is the same I guess all it needs is a separate research team for each title. So perfectly possible - or are we all getting carried away in some sort of 'conspiracy' theory?

Whatever, it all sounds very exciting.

Jim
02-14-2014, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 10:24 AM by Strela.)
(02-14-2014, 03:09 AM)Strela Wrote: Yikes2 Damn you OJW, Damn you!!! Yikes2

[Image: d5f7c209d4PB%20Graphics%2075.png]

[Image: b86bdbadfaPB%20Graphics%2076.png]

David

(02-10-2014, 02:20 PM)Strela Wrote: The good news is that we do have other titles in various stages of completion but that's dependent on everyone staying the course and working constantly - all while having day jobs.

None of us are getting rich from this (other than Tazaaron! Big Grin2 )

David

Guys,

Just pulling your chain(s)!

This first release will be an East Front game. There is always work on-going on (potential) future titles. As quoted above, it's all dependent on 'everyone staying the course'.

As far as early war, we would love to do titles covering the topics you've all been asking for. It's just manpower & time.

David
02-14-2014, 10:38 AM,
It could be Khalkhin Gol - that is east and it stars Zhukov.
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM,
(02-14-2014, 10:38 AM)wildb Wrote: It could be Khalkhin Gol - that is east and it stars Zhukov.

No SS Panzer divisions, though. Rolling Eyes
02-14-2014, 10:45 AM,
Mike is very close to finishing the Visual OB's. We have really tidied up the naming overflow over the last couple of days and that will mean we have to go back and redo a few, but overall they are done.

Ultimately it's nearly a 60 page booklet (twice the size we expected) showing representative units of every type.

The look of the final product is similar to those shown below.

This is a Soviet Rifle Division's assets and an example Rifle Regiment;

[Image: 7316d97f39Rifle%20Division.jpg]

[Image: a648421677Rifle%20Regt%201.jpg]

[Image: b47b076570Rifle%20Regt%202.jpg]

David
02-14-2014, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 06:54 PM by Strela.)
And a shot that is being converted into a manual cover. It's amazing what a filter can do in Photoshop. Expand to see the full effect.

[Image: 541cc411fcPB%20Graphics%2077.png]

David