• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Explicit Supply
08-24-2024, 12:11 AM,
Explicit Supply
I've asked this question elsewhere but figured it was also worth asking the older heads here. Looking for Campaigns with explicit supply or at least the larger scenarios  I've been told K42 K44 B44 K43  and some desert titles all have them any others that people could add to this list would be gratefully accepted. Also can anyone remember a S41 Campaign that used explicit supply I vaguely remember playing one but can no longer find any scenarios in this title that use this rule.
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2024, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2024, 06:58 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Explicit Supply
(08-24-2024, 12:11 AM)typhoon Wrote: I've asked this question elsewhere but figured it was also worth asking the older heads here. Looking for Campaigns with explicit supply or at least the larger scenarios  I've been told K42 K44 B44 K43  and some desert titles all have them any others that people could add to this list would be gratefully accepted. Also can anyone remember a S41 Campaign that used explicit supply I vaguely remember playing one but can no longer find any scenarios in this title that use this rule.

I have played the Smolensk '41 full campaign with explicit supply, in the past.

It was very interesting and fun. Bypassed Russians could attack convoys and cause some problems for the Germans, etc.
08-24-2024, 09:54 AM,
RE: Explicit Supply
Think long and hard before using Explicit Supply in a Scenario.  For some it's essential to how the game will play out (Operation Compass comes to mind), while others it will absolutely ruin it (the N44 scenarios come to mind as the VST supply values are the one seriously limiting factor working against the Allies). 

As a general rule of thumb here is what I boil it down to when opponents ask me if I'm interested in using the ES Rules;  "if the scenario has a reasonable expectation of very fluid operations where being isolated on a large scale is more than a remote possibility, then explicit supply will improve the game.....otherwise, the VST rules will actually do a better job of portraying the logistical realities in most battles".