• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Options on Ladder name ?
08-27-2024, 05:30 AM,
c_Question Mark  Options on Ladder name ?
As you may know this forum and ladder for Panzers Campaigns, Modern Campaigns, First World War Campaigns and Strategic War series is called Tiller Operational Campaigns.

This name was settled on a few years ago when John Tiller Software took over from HPS and I always felt it was a suitable title to cover the four John Tiller Series it supported.

With the sad passing of John Tiller and the baton being passed to Wargame Design Studios I now wonder if the title is still suitable/ fit for purpose?

So what’s your opinion, should we stick with the current title or perhaps we should reflect the present and call it Wargame Design Studio Operational Campaigns or maybe WDS Operational Campaigns?

Or maybe something else……..

I am open to new ideas or I am happy to stick with what we have if the community thinks this is a non issue.  Wink
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2024, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2024, 06:54 AM by Steel God.)
RE: Options on Ladder name ?
I think it would be right and proper to acknowledge the current and therefore now “correct “ name of the product and change the ladder to WDS Operational Campaigns or WDS Operational Level Campaigns (as a side note, and not to go down a rabbit hole, but should the Strategic War series ever get some love I’d be in favor of it having its own ladder as it really is a scale entirely).  The games were published by HPS once upon a time and obviously no one refers to them that way, so now that JTS is defunct we should give proper respect to the new owners and refer to them by name.  To emphasize that a wee bit, the recent changes to the game engine really are pushing the engine in directions JT never did, so they’re not sitting still by any stretch.  Right and proper to change it in my opinion.
08-27-2024, 11:08 PM,
Tiller/WDS Operational Campaigns. All you would have to do is add /WDS. Minor change. Second choice is no change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
08-29-2024, 11:57 AM,
My suggestion is WDS Tiller Operational Campaigns.
08-30-2024, 01:00 AM,
I agree with "WDS Tiller Operational Campaigns."
08-30-2024, 03:06 AM,
Thank you for your feedback, I will wait a while longer before the final decision  Wink