• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No. 01
10-07-2024, 08:28 PM,
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No. 01
ShipwreckedFool and I have completed our games.

ShipwreckedFool as Axis: major defeat
ComradeP as Axis: minor victory
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2024, 06:53 AM,
The final round 4 is ComradeP vs Steel God. Good luck.

It would be great if you both could both send your final positions in the games you play. 

FWWC is a possibility.  Helmet Smile

Round 4 starts October 8, 2024 and ends Monday, November 27, 2024

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tsu
10-12-2024, 03:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2024, 03:06 AM by ComradeP.)
We'll be playing an old-fashioned final.

0709_01: Drive Over the Dnepr_Alt for Smolensk '41
10-18-2024, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2024, 05:12 AM by ComradeP.)
[Image: 3pBfjPs.jpg]

The first game with Steel God as the Germans was a Draw.

1-2 more turns and he would've won by capturing another objective or inflicting more losses. The forests bought enough time for reinforcements to move up, but the staying power of D quality units is very limited. The German motorized infantry units inflict 20-30 casualties per shot.

No full divisions were destroyed, I managed to save about half the division that starts in Mogilev. The Rifle division that starts south of the city was badly mauled.

I'll e-mail you the final Soviet turn, Patric.
10-27-2024, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2024, 01:13 AM by ComradeP.)
[Image: pY9uKqU.jpg]

A narrow minor victory, after I made things quite complicated for myself. I intended to launch an assault across the Dnepr to capture the 200 VP objective with armoured vehicles, followed by infantry which could deploy from T-mode.

And then I hit the hex with artillery by mistake, turning the hex into RUBBLE. In the end, an assault of units in T-mode was successful on turn 20. The surrounding Soviet units were Disrupted so couldn't assault anyway.

A close game. Mogilev was attacked from the north by 10. Panzer and from the west by 10. ID (mot.) on day 1. A bridge was built across the Dnepr on the secondary road to Mostok. 10. Panzer took too long to assemble, so besides some pocketed Soviets units it wasn't decisive.

I'll send you the file, Patric.

Well played by Steel God in both games.
10-27-2024, 04:05 AM,
Congrats Pieter!!!

Loosing to the champ softens the blow. Smile
10-27-2024, 03:08 PM,
Prizes will be awarded shortly.
10-27-2024, 11:52 PM,
Congratulations to ComradeP on his victory in this first Tournament , I am in the process of sorting out the prizes and awards, I will start a new thread in due course to announce these. Big Grin