• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Stalingrad '42 ALT art / scenario pack
08-29-2006, 05:38 AM,
RE: Updated Stalingrad '42 ALT art / scenario pack
Actually, no, this seems to be a common misconception.

According to my sources, the 15cm sFH 18 had a relatively short maximum range (for its calibre) of 8km, hence 8 hexes. It is the improved 15cm sFH 36 (rocket assisted?) that had the maximum range of 12km which is the one you are thinking about. This variant came later. It seems that everywhere you look though (on the internet), the 15cm sFH gun is all classified as the "18" when in reality there was over seven variants! The 15cm sFH 18 was also the gun in which the main armament of the PzA III/IV 15cm (Hummel) SPG was based of it. It was criticized for its relatively short range.

Again, in the McNamara db, for which I have based mine off of, he has put the sFH 18 at 8km range. Now, I suppose that we could both be wrong (or that in PzC the gun was given the common "15cm sFH 18" name, but I don't want to hasten to make the 15cm sFH 18 into a "common" artillery gun with a generic range.

As far as #2, I thought I had searched for any out of range guns. Can you give me a specific hex location (in the campaign scenario) of a gun that is completely out of range? Of course they wont be able to hit as many targets as before, but I don't want some guns able to hit nothing at all either.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Stalingrad '42 ALT art / scenario pack - by Volcano Man - 08-29-2006, 05:38 AM