• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
10-08-2006, 05:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2006, 10:13 PM by Minuteman.)
RE: If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
Here's a curveball for you all:

How about a better terrain editor in the scenario editor? Some changes:

All terrain types on one screen - who wants to scroll for some types of terrain?
All map on one screen, no matter how big. (w/in reason, I guess - some Ops do have some gigantic maps)
Elevation change buttons - how often have I changed the dimensions of the map while attempting to change the elevation.

Also, why should I have to refer to a spreadsheet or experience while purchasing units in a QB? Standard ammo load, HE/AT breakout...I know a .50 cal does more damage than a .30 cal, but why not put the damage info in the setup screen? It takes a lot of games to memorize which tanks have a shot trap you want to avoid...

Lastly, I'd like to be able to watch the entire battle in movie format after an op - why should that great assault or bazooka shot be lost after you go on to the next turn? I think my computer has room for the data. Imagine how AARs could be if you could actually post a battle file?

But I wouldn't change anything that would make CMAK/CMBB another FPS/RTS game wannabe - its got a loyal niche fighting for hull down positions. Much love to BF!

Minuteman
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM - by Copper - 10-02-2006, 08:42 AM
RE: If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM - by Minuteman - 10-08-2006, 05:11 PM