• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

looking for opponents cmbb
11-04-2006, 03:54 PM,
Smile  RE: looking for opponents cmbb
Greetings,

Der Kuenstler...you have the right to offer play to anyone at the Blitz. That being said ...I would take issue with what you consider competition. In Boxing...heavy weights don't fight with light weights...because that is not competition its a mugging. NFL teams don't play high school teams ....because that is not competition, its a blowout.

It is harder to advance on the ladder if you are well matched. The point speads are much narrower. I applaud your games against those higher ranked than yourself, that is competition. Rank means very little if it is not earned. I disagree with your assessment that new guys don't quit if they are repeatedly overmatched. I have seen it and been responsible for it on at least 1 occasion. I do offer new guys free games...not because I think they should be pampered...but because it is fair. You might want to look at the records of those noobies that you have crushed...their play does seem to drop off. I have looked at your record.... you have a rank of Major...I can't help but wonder what your rank would be if all the privates you have crushed were taken away. Like I said, you have the right to offer play to anyone at the Blitz...but your record makes it clear that you prefer to "compete" against the new and inexperienced player. Your game play against the experienced, while laudable, would not have moved you along the ladder very far...the point spread just isn't there. I myself only offer ladder games against opponents of equal or higher rank than myself, these days...that is my choice. I like the competition, I like to earn my points...but to be honest...the ladder doesn't mean so much to me. In my view the ladder has lost some of its integrity due to players that don't care how they get the points. oh well...no system is perfect...I love the play, and that is enough for me.

So what do I intend to teach the new guys? I hope to be able to help them make good choices in play...Red Wolf armor rules, how to avoid players that offer games in which they have a technological advantage due to the year of the games and the side they accept, to look at the stats of their opponent before accepting the game, the mechanics of the game, the pitfalls of non random playing maps, force selection, to avoid players that play the same scenario again and again...but mostly I want the new players to have fun and to be able to compete without being taken advantage of.

You say you lost your first 8 games...your fortitude is to be commended.
If you will notice....all those 8 games you played were against very experienced players...I would suggest that you didn't learn how to play the game better...you learned how to play the players better ...just a thought. Well why not ...they did it to you....but is this the way it has to be?...I don't think so.

I am not trying to pick on you per se....there are many who do the same...and like I said you have the right. But surely you grant me the right to prepare who I will, and to try to make the Blitz an enjoyable experience for as many rookies as I can.:)

Ps...I would be happy to play you!:smg:

pps...want an easy mark?...play Bootie;)

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
looking for opponents cmbb - by suchet - 11-03-2006, 01:25 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Copper - 11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Der Kuenstler - 11-04-2006, 06:54 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Copper - 11-04-2006, 07:08 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Copper - 11-04-2006, 07:22 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Der Kuenstler - 11-04-2006, 11:37 AM
RE:��looking for opponents cmbb - by Copper - 11-05-2006, 04:44 AM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Ken F. (FGM) - 11-04-2006, 12:06 PM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by DevilThomas(FGM) - 11-04-2006, 03:54 PM
RE: looking for opponents cmbb - by Der Kuenstler - 11-04-2006, 05:58 PM