• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Flags & Meeting Engagements
11-28-2006, 12:10 AM,
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements
Bootie - I've won all 8 games so far in Pug's NF tourney and I assume it was dropped for some reason - haven't heard anything in weeks. With no flags my strategy was to move quickly into the best cover I could find and then sit still the rest of the game. There is no longer a reason to be aggressive, because you will always have the advantage sitting still (invisible) against someone moving towards you.

When both players have the same idea it can get pretty boring, though. It becomes which guy gets impatient first.

Also, be careful - with no flags the computer will tally your final score based on casualties only - no flag points are considered. Victory levels are figured partly on a percentage of casualties basis. For example, if he caused 52% of the total casualties and you caused 48% of the total casualties, you'd both get a draw. Therefore, your opponent could knock out JUST ONE JEEP of yours and hide the rest of the game, and end up with a total victory. (his percentage of total casualties vs yours would look like 100% - 0%.)

The way the game figures victory levels with no flags would also allow you to do a dirty trick like this: (no I didn't do this!) Put three FOs in cover overlooking likely approach areas. When they spot infantry coming towards them, have them dump the artillery on them. Then have all of your units arranged so that they can exit the back of the map in the same minute. As long as you've suffered no casualties of your own, voila - total victory.

What might be a cool idea to try is a no flag map with exit zones on opposite sides - then you would be forced to get past each other in order exit your side and win.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-27-2006, 05:33 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by mixmaster - 11-27-2006, 07:19 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Der Kuenstler - 11-28-2006, 12:10 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by PUG - 11-28-2006, 08:13 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Minuteman - 11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Zemke - 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Ratzki - 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM