• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Instead of no flags--- No time limt.
11-28-2006, 06:43 AM,
RE: Instead of no flags--- No time limt.
I haven't tried this personally, although I have played a small 60 turn scenario (which was actually very exciting and went right down to the final turn), so can only report what I have heard.

Firstly, I have heard they can work ok with probes, which have a higher chance of ending when one or both sides get low on ammo. Attacks/assaults seem not to work, because the unlimited timeframe gives the attacker too much advantage.....they can break, recover, break, recover, until they win. So it can probably only make a good game with ME's, and maybe probes as a secondary if the added turns don't hurt the defence too much.

Secondly that they can, even if they continue, become very tiresome as lots of squads on low ammo struggle to make a difference and the turns just keep ticking on and on.

On the positive side, I agree completely with Fullhouse that it really would encourage the use of tactical reserves and ammo conservation. It could make an excellent game if it all goes down to the wire. I suspect tho that it might be better to cap turns at a high level like, say, 60, than go completely unlimited.

Great thread.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Instead of no flags--- No time limt. - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 06:08 AM
RE: Instead of no flags--- No time limt. - by McIvan - 11-28-2006, 06:43 AM
RE: Instead of no flags--- No time limt. - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 06:48 AM