• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Flags & Meeting Engagements
11-28-2006, 08:13 AM,
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements
I set up the no flag tourney thinking it would be a different enough game to foster some kind of ongoing tournament.
Not so.
All the players were supposed to finish 6 games, each against a different player and then there would be a second round. Points were scored for winning or drawing the games.
With dropouts and substitutions there were 40 games finished.
The final outcome is still up in the air as some 8 games have not had their results reported to me. If I get all those reported then there could be a three-way final playoff.
Without those results Der Kuenstler and Herr Schacht both finished their 6 games and ended with the highest number of points and would be in the final fight for the dubious title of winner of the tourney.
I set the tourney aside for a couple of months (until after Thanksgiving) after threatening and/or pleading with some of the players to let me hear something from them and some personal reasons.
That did not work at all and so I am at this point with no real final results.
Generally, the players seemed to like the game and comments were that it took a different mindset to play.
I also sent a questionaire about the game but only got some 4 responses back.
So, this week following the US Thanksgiving I will bring all the stats up to date, advise the players of the results, set out the questionaire results here on the blitzboard and get Der Kuenstler and Herr Schacht started on their final game to determine the winner.
Too bad that Der Kuenstler gave away his strategy in the previous post but that may not help him much against a determined opponent.
I had thought about starting another tourney based on the same idea of no flag but will not do so after this experience.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-27-2006, 05:33 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by mixmaster - 11-27-2006, 07:19 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by PUG - 11-28-2006, 08:13 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Copper - 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Minuteman - 11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Zemke - 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
RE: Flags & Meeting Engagements - by Ratzki - 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM