• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Frequency of AT mine detonation
11-30-2006, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2006, 04:16 PM by GreenHornet.)
Frequency of AT mine detonation
This is something I did a while ago and thought some of you might be interested...

After having cases in several past games where my opponent has driven a tank straight through an AT minefield and nothing happens, I decided to do an AT mine test. After all, I was finding it a bit frustrating when you happen to guess correctly in the AT mine placement, gloat while you watch the enemy tanks drive straight into your minefield, and then.......nothing. :hissy:

These are not daisy-chain mines but "normal" AT mines. For some silly reason I had always thought the detonation rate was close to 100%. Certainly, I don't I expect to KO a tank 100% of the time, but I thought if a tracked vehicle drove across an AT minefield, it would almost ALWAYS detonate.

Anyway, after doing my tests, it turns out the frequency of AT mine detonation in CM is actually below 50%.

I used 100 Panzer IVH's crossing through a solid line of AT mines placed end to end. I had a single row of continuous AT mines placed in open terrain and made sure there were no gaps between the AT mine "units".

I ordered the Panzers to hunt straight through the line of AT mines.

Results-
Tanks Knocked out - 16
Tanks Immobilized - 28
Tanks OK (safely passed through mines) - 56

I realize the sample is fairly low, but AT mines only detonating 44% of the time was surprisingly low to me. I didn't realize AT mines were such a gamble.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Frequency of AT mine detonation - by GreenHornet - 11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
RE: Frequency of AT mine detonation - by Copper - 12-01-2006, 12:52 AM
RE: Frequency of AT mine detonation - by Kil Roy - 12-01-2006, 03:13 AM
RE: Frequency of AT mine detonation - by Kil Roy - 12-01-2006, 04:59 AM
RE: Frequency of AT mine detonation - by McIvan - 12-01-2006, 06:15 AM
RE: Frequency of AT mine detonation - by Copper - 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM