• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The four requirements of infantry...
12-19-2006, 06:47 PM,
RE: The four requirements of infantry...
Quote:his squads and started firing as soon as the men got in the open - my attack quickly failed - within a few seconds everyone was crawling for cover. I put every squad on "withdraw" and luckily got them out of there with few casualties, but they were panicked and useless for the next several minutes.

Now there is a command I feel is not used enough - WITHDRAW. When the first squad goes prone you only have seconds to setup return fire and start to flank the enemy, otherwise get outa there. The worst that can happen if you withdraw under fire is your squad routes and then gets mauled and possibly eliminated, alot of times this is exactly what happens if you stay or try to SNEAK off. All the move commands have too long a delay to effectively get you out of trouble save for WITHDRAW.
Specially with teams, withdraw is the way to go as a team has so few men they cannot take many casualties and every second they sit waiting for the command delay to be up greatly increases their odds of being eliminated. I like to set up with a ATR team or mortar team and fire till found and then WITHDRAW away before the enemy homes in on them with lots of fire.
You can use WITHDRAW to move forward as well. I have done this in dire situations where I must get squads in position right away if not sooner, and can not wait for the command delay. Just hope you don't get fired upon to badly as the hit in morale is significant.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The four requirements of infantry... - by Ratzki - 12-19-2006, 06:47 PM