• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The four requirements of infantry...
12-20-2006, 12:40 AM,
RE: The four requirements of infantry...
10th mtn - Good idea with the section leaders, although they would give the enemy bigger points if eliminated. I would especially use them in that role if teamed with a mortar or two back farther in the woods.

Ratzky - Absolutely - withdraw is a great tool. The main time I use it is when my men are in a light building and come under fire from HE - I can usually get them out before it comes down that way. You can't go too far with them though as it is tiring...

The nice thing about "run" is that infantry can fire 7 times a minute at most (something like that). That is about once every eight seconds. In eight seconds a running squad can make it 20-30 meters or so. The enemy must spot the runners and then pivot if they are not prepared to fire. The one shot gotten off by the enemy during that time usually misses or only alerts your men. Don't try to run farther than that, though, without hiding or getting into cover.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The four requirements of infantry... - by Der Kuenstler - 12-20-2006, 12:40 AM