• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best Practise - QB Tactics
12-28-2006, 11:10 PM,
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics
I've been on the receiving end of several airstrikes but they've never done enough damage to warrant their cost. Combine that with the fact that they, a) May target friendlies by mistake, and b) they may never show, for me means that I always tend to find other uses for those points.

Best tactics for QB's, depends on the map, flag position and who you are playing. If there is a flag which is easily reachable and with good cover then you are probably going to want to put at least a platoon on it. If nothing else that stops your opponent grabbing it without a fight, and if he wants to waste expensive artillery barrages softening up 1 platoon, then to me that's a fair trade off.

Reversely, if the flag is amongst heavily built up or wooded terrain with few fields of fire and therefore difficult to attack and/or defend, you may want to let the enemy occupy it. They'll probably throw in a lot of troops to defend it in which case you then saturate the area with HE before moving in.

People tend to go flag blind sometimes and forget about everything else, so having separate forces whose sole aim is to wear down enemy resources elsewhere is also useful, (that's what my armour usually ends up doing).

Don't think there is any golden formula, (at least I haven't found it). Sometimes the same tactic seems to work again and again, and sometimes you'll use it and just get mullered. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad tactic, but luck timing and your enemy all affect the outcome.

The only bad tactics are those that rely solely on luck, anything else is worth a try, (and even those based sole on luck are worth a try if all else has failed).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Best Practise - QB Tactics - by herroberst - 12-27-2006, 01:33 AM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by gangofmao - 12-28-2006, 06:28 AM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by Fubar - 12-28-2006, 07:23 AM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by gangofmao - 12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by Kelen - 12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
RE: ��Best Practise - QB Tactics - by Kelen - 12-29-2006, 02:28 AM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by Grumlin - 12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by RedDevil - 12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
RE: Best Practise - QB Tactics - by Fubar - 12-29-2006, 02:05 AM