• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This deserves some discussion....
01-11-2007, 04:55 AM,
RE: This deserves some discussion....
I will pipe in here, I agree with everything DK said, the principles are the same no matter the how large the battle. I also agree with COL Telvela, new players may get discouraged playing a larger battle.

So lets put this in perspective, new guys you don't have to play 3000 point games, but I also would not play 300 point games either. Stick with 1250 points, about the right number of points to have a enough of what you need without being overwhelming.

Now back to large games, which is my preference, just because I think at the larger level you are now fighting plans and not who is in the better clump of trees or has the higher hill top. It is your vision of the battle vs his vison of the battle, and how you each see the battle unfolding, and this is done in your mind before the first shot is ever fired. You start out with your plan and go from there, and seldom do things go like you hope, your opponent has a vote, a say in events. Be prepared to adjust, as RedDevil said, larger allows you a chance to adjust your plan. An excellent example of this is a game I am playing right now with Andre. Everything I have tried has been stopped COLD, I mean STOPPED. He is kicking the living dog shit out of me. I have had to do some very radical adjustments, and hope I can pull it off, but frankly it will be heaven sent if I can. But due to the size of this battle, 3000 points, I at least still have a slim chance to do something. In a smaller battle it would be OVER, end of story.

Last most here are playing PBEM games, so what is the rush, you got all the time you want to do your turn, so why not go larger, and you get lots more unique toys that otherwise you would not get with small games. But my favorite game is still large TCIP, with time limates, now we are talking realistic pressure. Get some of that if you think you are ready, and I promise one of the most intense CM experiences you can have!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Copper - 01-10-2007, 08:54 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Fubar - 01-10-2007, 11:40 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Ratzki - 01-10-2007, 12:21 PM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Skeld - 01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Zemke - 01-11-2007, 04:55 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Zemke - 01-11-2007, 05:58 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Ratzki - 01-11-2007, 06:46 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by PUG - 01-11-2007, 07:13 AM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by ATCS - 01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
RE: This deserves some discussion.... - by Zemke - 01-12-2007, 06:14 AM