• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Idea for BIG multi player/campaighn/battle game.
01-16-2007, 02:06 PM,
RE: Idea for BIG multi player/campaighn/battle game.
Here's a formula for such a campaign I've conjured up.

I think the biggest challenge falls on the shoulders of the campaign manager.

It appears that a large campaign map could be created.

Then that map could be sub-divided into manageable smaller combat maps. These smaller maps wouldn't neccesarily have to be the same size, but instead be centered (figuratively speaking) on specific objectives.

The campaign manager would then have to determine what would be the strategic result based on the outcome of that battle for that objective.

The battles could be ME, advances, assaults or whatever. Some could be larger, while others could be small to tiny.

It wouldn't have to be historical.

You could have a small battle for a piece of high ground, another medium to large engagment for a series of roads or other objectives, and so on. ( These different sized engagements may be preferrable to the players?)

The trick would be for the campaign designer to create the next series of battles on the map that would reflect the positive or negative outcomes of the previous battles.

Perhaps a job better suited for a combination of Tom Clancy, Cornelius Ryan, Stephen Ambrose and L. Ron Hubbard !

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea for BIG multi player/campaighn/battle game. - by Copper - 01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
RE: Idea for BIG multi player/campaighn/battle game. - by Copper - 01-15-2007, 03:01 AM
RE: Idea for BIG multi player/campaighn/battle game. - by USS Wyoming - 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM