• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread!
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM,
RE: Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread!
Mark,

No sitrep this time from me, I was too busy fighting and couldn't get away from the front to issue a report, Divisonal HQ was only 2km behind the frontline.

First and Last Stand was without a doubt the most brutal and bloodthirsty scenario I have played..I have played plenty where the body count has been higher and the number of burning wrecks larger, however, this has never happened in such a confined space. The town of Leunberg was a graveyard of massive proportions, littered with the wrecks of over 60 vehicles and hundreds of infantry.

This game more than any other, brought out the slaughter of the Eastern Front. Turn after turn the Russian behemoth lumbered forward into Leunberg only to be driven back by determined German resistance, platoons where swallowed up in the rubble of the town as Stalins Organs played their familiar tune. The bunker which became the main focus of Russian attack changed hands some eight times as counterattack followed attack. The German infantry suffered terribly as they tried to protect the armour from prying Russian tanks. Their sacrifice was not in vain as the Panthers and Jadgpanther were able inflict a horrendous toll on the Js-II's and Su's and remain largely unscathed.

After 10 turns of attempting to bludgeon into the town the Russian attack then diversified, making good use of smoke and pressing on the flanks of the town, which made the defense of Leunberg untenable. The Russians had been dealt severe casualties, but their artillery was still supreme. The German infantry fell back to the heights behind the town into their prepared trenches, covered by their armour. Reinforcements began to arrive to bolster the second position and the Russian attack first stalled and was then called off.

Looking down the the hill into Leunberg, hundreds of fires burned freely from buildings and destroyed vehicles, fuelling the funeral pyres. Littered with rubble and the remnants of hundreds of corpses, Leunberg had become hallowed ground.

Matt ~Digger

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread! - by Digger - 01-29-2007, 11:32 AM