• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Someone please explain this to me
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM,
RE: Someone please explain this to me
Still doesn't seem to wash with me. I've advanced enough CM units (short distances) in the open that have taken enemy fire that this still seems excessive to go from "Cautious" to "Broken and rattled" in a few tenths of a second. Maybe I failed to mention that this was the first and only burst of MG fire the unit took.

If the unit took heavy casualties from the enemy fire I'd be able to understand a little more. Seeing a few of your buddies get cut to pieces would definitely make a big difference. But not a single man was hit in the 7 man squad...which, to me, means that a whole lot of bullets were spraying within inches of them. Pinned, or even panicked seems more likely. Maybe pinned on the first MG burst, panicked on the second burst a few seconds later, then maybe broken after a third burst.

If the game models HQ units being excessively fragile then that could possibly explain it. If thats the case, I was not aware that CM modeled this.

I'm not really complaining here, but, personally, I've never seen a unit break THAT fast before in CM ( not counting direct artillery hits or canister rounds from a large gun...both of which inflict heavy casualties right away ).

CM never ceases to surprise.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone please explain this to me - by Jobu88 - 03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
RE: Someone please explain this to me - by GreenHornet - 03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
RE: Someone please explain this to me - by McIvan - 03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
RE: Someone please explain this to me - by Ratzki - 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
RE: Someone please explain this to me - by kineas - 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM