• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament'
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM,
RE: Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament'
I would go with a rarity of none to allow the Germans ample opportunity to buy a few Panthers or JagDPanthers.. since the biggest MIA unit will be the King Tigers and some sorts of semi substitution should be considered.

1500 points = a veteran battalion of regular German INF (1496 points)
SS Mech Coys are 960 points. The Tigers and Panthers range from 255 to 317 points each.
A green American rifle battalion is 1748 points, a Green Mech platoon 360 points. The US armor ranges from 103 for M-10s to 170-180 points for 76mm Sherman (@ Green skill)

So it depends on what you're actually planning this 1st fight to be consisting of :)
If you wanted to make it "historical", a 25% handicap might give the Germans a few more lads to hog up the map there with and show the American lines a little light.

17 turns in a snow covered map.. I'd say you'd want to add some time. most battles take 3-5 turns to engage in normal weather depending on the players.
In the snow, everything moves real SLOW and men tire out real quickly. An advancing unit will be exhausted in 50 meters.
There is nothing quick about combat in the snow :)
Deep snow is a whole other monster as well.. another 20-30 turns for that kind of weather LOL
I'd add turns to it, but that's just my suggestion.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament' - by RedDevil - 05-14-2007, 09:49 PM