• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament'
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM,
RE: Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament'
Guys

Thanks again for the feedback. In the light of the feedback recieved on this MB and by PM (and my own testing) I made several adjustments to the map and the QB settings.

Map
1. The flag in the village centre was upgraded to 300pts.
2. The start zones were moved forward with a couple of small parts poward of the main lines to reflect OPs.

Settings.
1. The weather was changed from foggy to snow. Irritating, in the scenario editor it is possible to have snow on the ground, with fog, but not in a QB. In keeping with the Bulge theme, I felt it essential that there should be snow about.

2. The duration was set as 20 turns variable. I had originally wanted less, but firstly a QB won't allow that, also as Red Devil commented Snow slows troop movement down.

I had debated increasing the points from 1,500 to 2,000. But eventually decided on the 1,500.
In such a small battle every unit is important, and because players don't have that many, they need to take care of them all. That's the sort of feel I wanted for this game, so 1,500 it is.

Cheers

Vulture
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..."
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise Urgently Needed - QB Scenario Settings For 'Relief Of Bastogne Tournament' - by Vulture - 05-16-2007, 07:25 PM