• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defensive Fire
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM,
RE: Defensive Fire
ok will try to clarify. I have been playing for a while now with a friend with the manual defensive fire method (we have always played this way). So lots of email exchanges. And I am used to seeing the defender fire everything he has in the defensive fire phase. Now we are playing with the default turn sequence, that is without manual defensive fire (this makes for a completely different game, but a much faster one). Anyway it seems now the defenders fire is far less potent in the default method as opposed to the manual method, as sometimes the defender may not fire at all, which seems a bit weird especially when the defender has a firepower advantage eg. has an enemy unit surrounded or vastly out numbered.

So it is normal or accepted that if a player in his turn does not initiate combat by firing or moving then the defending units will do nothing? That is not fire? Apart from manual defensive fire is there an option that will cause the defenders to fire even if they are not triggered during the turn?

I guess if you have not played with the manual method you would not no of this big difference in play. It just seems that defensive fire in the default method of play is very puny viz the manual method.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Defensive Fire - by Krak - 07-26-2007, 07:39 AM
RE: Defensive Fire - by Aaron - 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM
RE: Defensive Fire - by Krak - 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
RE: Defensive Fire - by Aaron - 07-26-2007, 10:43 PM
RE: Defensive Fire - by Ricky B - 07-26-2007, 11:07 PM
RE: Defensive Fire - by Krak - 07-27-2007, 06:25 AM