• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Are you happy with CMSF?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's the best CM yet, top marks.
8.33%
1 8.33%
It's OK but needs improvements quickly.
75.00%
9 75.00%
Awful...waste of my money.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's.
08-01-2007, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2007, 03:16 AM by Thor.)
Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's.
I was just curious as to what people think of CMSF now that it's been loose for a few days, what are the things you love and what do you hate.

On the plus side i like the graphics (providing you have a machine that can poke them along), the fact that the game is modular and they will be releasing expansion packs in the future and the setting is a nice change from having just another rehash of WW2.....lots of nice toys to play with. :smg:

On the negative side i'm not happy with the TacAI so far, it seems a bit slow off the mark at times. The lack of a random map generator, the queuing of orders for units is a bit hit'n'miss and the camera is a bit awkward at times. A lack of a detailed in game squad/unit info panel is also a pain (one with weapon ranges and firepower ratings like we have in the CMx1 games). And finally PBEM files seem very easily corrupted.....just ask Bootie. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling CMSF wants to be a full blown RT game but got stuck in no-mans land instead.

Fingers crossed that future patches will solve some of these problems.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's. - by Thor - 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM
RE: Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's. - by McIvan - 08-01-2007, 07:41 AM