• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Are you happy with CMSF?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's the best CM yet, top marks.
8.33%
1 8.33%
It's OK but needs improvements quickly.
75.00%
9 75.00%
Awful...waste of my money.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's.
08-01-2007, 07:41 AM,
RE: Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's.
On the evidence of the demo, CMSF has some major pathfinding and TAC AI issues....eg the dismount command is deadly in turn based, because its a minute before you can give another order.

With real time, theres not half the problem because you pause and correct. For turn based, the tac AI needs to kick in to help, and it isn't...because turn based is not the core design of the game. So a Stryker will try and take on a T72 instead of retreating, troops coming under serious fire won't drop to the ground, and it seems near impossible to actually rout enemy troop.....they stand and die in place. You can suppress them, but even that seems terrifically hard to do. Last night I laid my first artillery barrage (absolutely LOVE the new artillery sequence btw, its great) and it was causing terrific damage to Syrian infantry that were also under tank, Stryker, MMG and infantry fire, and the half a doz survivors of the platoon were still happily shooting back.

Pathfinding and TacAI....those things can be worked on and almost certainly will be.

There is a heap of potential in this game, notwithstanding some real problems.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's. - by Thor - 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM
RE: Happy bunnies or grumpy Santa's. - by McIvan - 08-01-2007, 07:41 AM