• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-10-2007, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2007, 01:53 AM by The Coil.)
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
Panzer Dan Wrote:In other words the only opinion that matters is the one RD posseses.
Hmm, smacks of dictatorship!

Well, you can have an opinion, too - but only RD can tell you if it matters...

Seriously, though, PanzerD, I think there's two issues that have led to the proposed clickie discussion ban. One, {hirr}Some Unnamed Person bombarding the boards with mindless clikcie threads (in contrast to my well thought out and intelligent clickie threads), and two, another unnamed Person Of Substance (get it?) whining to no end about getting red clickies.

As one who is responsible for much of the mindless clickie banter, I don't really view the first as that big of a deal - it had gotten a little out of hand when the top ten threads on the board are about clickies and how we lost them/want them/miss them/whatever, McI and RD just stepped in to say 'cool it', and we (sort of) did. Not censorship, just a little friendly moderating to keep the board from becoming (totally) trivial. At least that's how I saw it...

In the second instance, there is one particular person who whines to no end and goes running to RD like a scalded puppy every time he gets a red clickie, even though RD has made his views on red clickies clear numerous times. It's irritating, it's completely unconstructive, it does nothing to help the CM community or the boards (although it gives me and Colonel T a reason to sharpen up the poking sticks, which is a bit amusing). I can certainly forsee long public flamewars over who gave who a red clickie for what. For a while now, the Blitz has been mercifully free of this sort of thing (unless you count me baiting a certain someone as a flamewar. I think of it more as a sport). I for one don't want to have to read about two people arguing over red clickies. Or even scroll by it. But that's all just my opinion. I won't know if it matters until RD tells me if it does... ;)

By the way, join the fun, have a "pretzel". Can't have anyone walking around with 0 "pretzels".

Messages In This Thread
Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by RedDevil - 08-08-2007, 09:51 PM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-09-2007, 02:27 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-09-2007, 04:02 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Koen - 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by The Coil - 08-10-2007, 01:52 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-10-2007, 03:29 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-10-2007, 03:54 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-10-2007, 03:48 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Koen - 08-11-2007, 06:11 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-11-2007, 06:44 AM
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts - by Copper - 08-11-2007, 06:59 AM