• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

bring down the lethality
09-22-2007, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2007, 01:16 PM by general_solomon.)
RE: bring down the lethality
Look folks I am not trying to say that the game sucks. I love this game. what bothers me with this game is the lethality. I dont care if its true to life. I want to have an enjoyable game.

By changing two settings i was able to successfully play the game as it should be played. I hate the fact that every fire shot hits its target. I dont believe this to be true in a urban enviroment.

I re-tested my lethality scenerios again. This time I place the red team 150 meters in a trench. The red team consisted of 3 squad of unconventional units place directly across from the two houses.

I put a large wall infront of the one story building to the red would fire into the houses. The two houses are placed 20 meters apart.

I had four squads US Army. at the start of the game I ordered on squad to the room to provide cover fire.

Once they were in place, I ordered the remaining 3 squads to cross to the other house. The first squad would go to the roof and the rest would be ordered to the first floor.

The first test with veteran and normal weapons option.

within the first minute 25 percent of the first squad on roof was gone.

none of the squad made it to the other side. all were mowed down and some cowered on the ground until killed.

The second test was with conscript / poor weapons / movtivation(extreme):

the first squad provied cover fire while the other squad moved across to the other house. Out of 27 men I lost 4 while crossing and 2 on the roofs.

I just wanted to share my findings with those of you who still want to play the game. You either like this game or hate it.

I think by tweaking the above mentioned settings, the game is more enjoyable. I have gone back to previous player created scenerio's with the new settings. The games were actually fun to play now.

I am not stupid to order squads to run across open terrain without cover fire and smoke. I have learned alot from other cm players.

thanks for you time.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
bring down the lethality - by general_solomon - 09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
RE: bring down the lethality - by Runyan99 - 09-22-2007, 01:49 AM
RE: bring down the lethality - by Sgt Barker - 09-22-2007, 03:36 AM
RE: bring down the lethality - by The Coil - 09-22-2007, 04:43 AM
RE: bring down the lethality - by general_solomon - 09-22-2007, 01:15 PM
RE: bring down the lethality - by Sgt Barker - 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
RE: bring down the lethality - by The Coil - 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
RE: bring down the lethality - by falco - 09-22-2007, 07:18 PM