• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Incentives for AAR and DAR postings
09-30-2007, 01:57 AM,
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings
McIvan Wrote:I can't think offhand of any legal difficulties involved in giving a donated prize. Where legal issues tend to arise is fund raising activities where people pay to enter. Those have various legal requirements, especially where some form of random draw is involved. I'll try to remember to have a look at the statute list tomorrow for any obvious governing statutes, then link from that to anything US based.

The fellow to ask would probably be Thor, him being a US lawyer.

Pete, great idea, and a very generous offer. I'm with RD on timing....AARs can take quite a long time so maybe once a year would be better, and the Xmas prize timing is a good suggestion.

A wargame in the post.....it's not so much (I hope) that people would resort to patent silliness, would they? Let's give it a shot, and see what happens.

A side point.....should we stipulate that all the tourney AARs/DARs actually get posted in the main AAR section? There are two going on now which I have been reading and enjoying, but most probably a lot of members don't actually realise they exist.

Well how about you Dev and Raz talk about it and then come up with some criteria for the contest.

I agree with Dev about the medals... too many and they become meaningless, and cluttered. Perhaps the medal's should only be handed out for the 3 top categories: 1st 2nd and 3rd, plus funniest, best tactical move, and most humiliating.

I agree about the yearly event thing, and that right before xmas is a good time to do it. So if we ran this from Oct 31 2007 to Oct 31 2008.

I would also say that the awards be either poll voted, or committee voted or a combination of both. I would also like to see monthly polls on who posted the best of that month... it would help in the criteria for the different awards categories and give people feedback and incentive for their hard work.

And yes, Coil, you're end of our AAR would count towards it, but my end would not. People could comment on my end (or give clickies if they could) in my thread for feedback as an alternative. I could not win a prize or receive anything but the blitz bonus points for a completed DAR.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 09-29-2007, 03:04 AM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 09-29-2007, 03:42 AM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 09-29-2007, 03:39 AM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 09-30-2007, 01:57 AM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Koen - 09-29-2007, 10:55 PM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 10-03-2007, 07:51 AM
RE: Incentives for AAR and DAR postings - by Copper - 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM