• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Friday Humour - Early - Military Folks
10-20-2007, 09:05 AM,
RE: Friday Humour - Early - Military Folks
A crusty old Master Chief and an equally crusty old Gunny were having beers at the Senior NCO Club. After a few beers, they begin swapping stories about who's had the more glorious career. The Gunny turns to the Master Chief and says "You Navy boys think you've got it rough. Well, lemme tell ya something. I started off my career in Korea, fighting Commies and Koreans and our own air force the whole way. I got a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star."

The Master Chief sips his beer and nods and says "Is that right?"

"Yes," the Gunny continues, "then I did two tours in Vietnam, fighting off the NVA and Charlie and the South Vietnamese Air Force the whole way. I got another Purple Heart and a Silver Star."

The Master Chief just sips his beer and says "Really?"

"Yes, dammit!" says the Gunny, "And my last tour I went into Grenada on the first day, fighting off Cubans and snakes the whole way. I got two Purple Hearts and a Navy Cross. Now, what do you think about that for a career!?"

The Master Chief takes another sip of his beer and says, "Yep. That's about what I would have figured. All shore duty."
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Friday Humour - Early - Military Folks - by Jobu88 - 10-20-2007, 09:05 AM