• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano Alt System
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM,
RE: Volcano Alt System
Volcano Man Wrote:
cavalry corps Wrote:You have to use some abstract values to create some abstract effect like Higher Def values for ( small ) AT guns etc . For instance PZ1V I know had lighter armour but had a very good gun - seems to die in droves . It should have a better defence simulating ranged fire ( it fires earlier ) , training and tactics .

In this regard, I think you might be putting too much thought into it. The simple fact is that by 1944 and 1945, the PzKw IV was pretty much obsolete. Regardless of what modifications and add on armor was done to it, it did not change the fact that it was a weak tank by late war standards. The PzKw IVj only made things worse too since they lowered the side add on armor because of lack of material by that stage in the war.

If you play Tobruk '41 or any of the 1942 titles then you will see that the PzKw is king. The PzKw IVe and f is my favorite tank in the desert, second to none (in _Alt) against infantry and soft targets. However, by Kursk '43 the PzKw IV was on the decline, only being moderately useful at this point. By 1944 and 1945 the PzKw should be selectively committed. I think this is realistic in the sense that, by this time, the PzKw IV was only really useful when the defender selected the terrain and they were dug in. No amount of training in my book would boost their defense level, this is done by the player when he chooses where and when to fight.

Yes cannot disagree with yourlogic and in fact you are right in that in the game you have to be selective as to when you commit these units and with your general improvemnt to defensive terrain and entrenchments these units are more viable than in stock .
All I was saying is that you can use values in the game to generate abstract effects - like say if Whitman was in a unit . Morale effects attack values but not defence although with the new rules the fatigue recovery is in fact higher.

Michael
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Volcano Alt System - by Marquo - 10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by jack1986 - 10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by cavalry corps - 10-26-2007, 10:58 PM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by Volcano Man - 10-27-2007, 01:50 AM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by cavalry corps - 10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by Dog Soldier - 10-27-2007, 05:34 AM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by keif149 - 10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by Epoletov [SPR]. - 10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
RE: Volcano Alt System - by cavalry corps - 10-29-2007, 01:58 AM