• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tag Team Tournament
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2007, 09:13 PM by Rico (FGM).)
Tag Team Tournament
I've just resuscitated a very successful tourney concept over at FGM and it's up and running, and if anybody who would like to run a similar one here at the Blitz, I'd help them get started.

Basically the concept is this:
Teams play custom-built scenarios against each other in a mirror format (half the of each team play Axis, the other half Allies against the respective opponents of the other team)
The cumulative scores are added up and the team with more points wins the match.
Points are awarded in the following way:
Total Victory: Winner 8 - Loser 0
Major Victory: Winner 7 - Loser 1
Tact Victory: Winner 6 - Loser 2
Minor Victory: Winner 5 - Loser 3
Draw: Both sides 4 points

Once the games are up and running, the players within a team are allowed to exchange intel and tactics to their heart's delight.
(of course, pre-playing of scenarios would be considered unethical and spoil the fun)

The scenarios are custom-built and unusual in that they are designed to offer the players tacical challenges, without getting hamstrung by the necessity of being too balanced (the mirror format should balance results out) ... and the idea is to make players play with kit that the normal QB doesn't allow for because of cost of points or stuff that would never be bought for fear of losing the QB)

For example:
The first battle of the FGM TTT opens with all hell breaking loose from turn 1 as a German motorised infantry column strung out in their vehicles along a village road gets ambushed by a swarm of Russian BT-7's charging at them from a break in some woods to the north of the column.
Evrybody dismounts, hits the deck and tries to survive -- hoping some panzers down the road arrive in time to save the day...

Ok -- enough waffling ... I've got my hands full at the moment, so anybody wanting to start and run a Blitz version of this, let me know.

FGM Tag Team Tourney Website
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tag Team Tournament - by Rico (FGM) - 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Mad Russian - 12-19-2007, 11:35 AM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Rico (FGM) - 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Mad Russian - 12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Rico (FGM) - 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Mad Russian - 12-20-2007, 02:56 AM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Rico (FGM) - 12-20-2007, 03:13 AM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Mad Russian - 12-20-2007, 03:27 AM
RE: Tag Team Tournament - by Kru - 12-20-2007, 11:09 AM