• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Not One Step More! Discussion Thread
01-01-2008, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2008, 03:18 AM by Ratzki.)
RE: Not One Step More! Discussion Thread
Finally finished the scenario and had quite a time trying to figure out what to comment on. Not that the scenario is bad, far from it, but what could make this battle better.
I think that the map around the large town must be made deeper and wider to give the German side more room to manuvre around. As is, the German side can do nothing but a frontal assault against good defensive positions. As the Russian side, I had no problem with pinning the German force in using the map edge and some well placed units.
I would hesitate to add any more firepower to the German side untill the map is made larger, as this might make the Russian side open up more. As it is, the German side uses his strength head on against the town and then with poor defensive terrain has to defend against numerous Russian forces. I do not want to give away too much and ruin the suprise for others to play, so will limit my comments here.
All in all, a good scenario, with a good feel to it, but found a Russian victory for me was a little too easy and I think the larger map would help somewhat.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not One Step More! Discussion Thread - by Ratzki - 01-01-2008, 03:17 AM
RE: Not One Step More! Discussion Thread - by Copper - 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM