• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO
02-23-2008, 08:14 AM,
Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO
We have sen increasing number of guy's having problems with newer graphic cards and Vista as their OS, I just popped over to BF tech forum where I saw this post from Madmatt.

The best thing to do is to test any prospective game using its available demo.

By and large, if a demo works, so too will the original game.

Most video cards released over the past few years have had 256 megs of VRAM or more and most of them work fine with CMBB and CMAK but some of the newest DX 10 type video cards have been having trouble.

Normally that trouble crops up when Vista is the OS, but we are getting reports of similar issues now with these brand new cards and XP as well.

Please understand that CMBM, CMAK and CMBO are FINSIHED products, no updates or new patches for them will ever be made, so please always check with a demo before you purchase one of these older games with an OS or video card that came out since they were released (3-5 years ago now!).

Madmatt

As we all suspected they have no intention of addressing this problem as they don't want us to play it anymore :mad: my new new HD3850 will not allow any of the CM games to run (I haven't even bothered trying with SF). But on a better note COD4 runs like a dream with everything on max setting.

Things will only get worse for this great series of games and as we all know SF just isn't up to the same grade :(
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Graphic card issues with BB, AK and BO - by Phil Davies (FGM) - 02-23-2008, 08:14 AM