• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS title, Mexican - American War & Texas Independence War
03-15-2008, 09:39 AM,
RE: New HPS title, Mexican - American War & Texas Independence War
Riley D. Smith Wrote:Very interesting subject matter for a wargame. There is actually a pretty good bit of info avail on these time periods and the fighting involved.

I am sure I'll get this one as my entire family is from Texas. In fact, my Great-great-great-great Grandfather...Manaen Turnbull Smith and his brother Archibald were members of a regiment of the "Texians" and left the service in either December of 1835 or January of 1836....just prior to the fighting at the Alamo and after. I have a really good genealogical record of my family from that period and I need to look again because I am sure it mentions the actual unit they served with.

here is the only link I can find to his historical marker. My wife and I went there around 1994 or so when I was stationed and NAS Dallas (before it transferred over to Carswell JRB).

http://www.9key.com/markers/marker_detai...5289009634

It does not tell his unit but he and his brother Archibald were both involved at the seige of Bexar before leaving the Army of Texas in January of 1836.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HPS title, Mexican - American War & Texas Independence War - by Riley D. Smith - 03-15-2008, 09:39 AM