• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
03-16-2008, 03:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 05:30 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
As I mentioned earlier, it'd be pointless for me to do a super-duper detailed in-depth analysis of Winter Storm because Kharkov is coming out soon which contains a lot of new polished features and rule/system tweaks, so that's the one i'll be concentrating on, but in the meantime i'll post a few WS screenshots and general comments.
The latest version of WS is at least 2 years old and my ancient old mid-range PC handles it okay (just), and it installed and plays without a hitch.
The thing that strikes me most at the moment are the superb WS terrain graphics which have an almost photo-realistic clean uncluttered quality about them, last night I actually dreamt I'd somehow gotten through my monitor screen and was there on the snowy WS landscape inside a scenario, almost like an out-of-body experience so obviously the immersive aspect has made a deep impression on my subconscious, how spooky is that, it'd make a good plot line for Torchwood - "You can be in my dream if I can be in your dream" - Bob Dylan

Combat footage from Winter Storm -
A Pak 40 engages a KV-1 trying to infiltrate the Kotelnikovo refinery complex..
[Image: WSp40.png]

Ping!, no damage..
(PS - the dotted lines in the sky in the background are overhead power lines, not graphics glitches)
[Image: WSkv.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys....... - by PoorOldSpike - 03-16-2008, 03:57 AM
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys....... - by Copper - 04-03-2008, 01:57 AM