• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Message from the new moderator
04-18-2008, 03:28 AM,
Message from the new moderator
Hello Everyone

Im sure most of you guys know me already so Im not going to go into a long winded story about my history here because now is not the time for looking back but a time to look forward.

With the abdication of RedDevil this moderator job became available and I got asked by the Blitz Management to step into the breech. And so here we are on the dawn of a new era for the Blitz CM section.

When I first joined the Blitz, CM was a new game and each post that sprung up was an eye opener in terms of what this programme could do, pictures of the excellent graphics and people sharing their tales of daring do! Over the years we have talked again and again about the same topics as new members arrived and were looking at the game with the same wide eyed wonderment we did upon its release.

But times move on and members come and go, I still cherish the early days on these forums, a time when I was just getting into wargaming and experiencing playing other people for the first time across the digital battlefield. It does seem that as years have passed that magic has faded, in my opinion anyway. But it shouldnt be like that. This game is still awesome and still has so much unlocked potential that we should play it like its our first time again. (Actually I do still play it like its my first time.... my tactical nous sucks... LOL). So when offered this position I grabbed it with both hands, I want to have a go at turning back time, bringing the magic back to this series of games and injecting the forums with a bit of vitality again.

We all know the circumstances surrounding my step up into this position and in some quarters I will only be eyed suspicously and called a lackey. People are entitled to their opinion and sometimes you just cant change that opinion even if actions prove otherwise but I intend to prove Im my own man with my own visions for this board and community.

For those who worry about my moderation style all I can say is Ive wiped away any pre-conceptions of you all and everyone is starting from an even keel. I'd appreciate if you could afford me the same luxury as the time has come to throw aside any personal rivalries that have been formed and to get back to what each one of us is here for... wargaming.

To the 21 petitioners I say 'Be at ease', I stayed clear of all discussions and arguments pertaining to the petition and it was me that approached RedDevil and SteelGod with the proposal of a probationary period instead of an instant ban-lite which had been pawned about. The probationary period stands as the final hurdle from the previous moderator, if we can see that we DO look forward and not backward then we all have nothing to worry about. The last thing I want to do is take away members posting rights. We are starting a new chapter, turning the page and need everyone to move forward as one. I just hope I can fulfill your expectations as a moderator and we can work together as a team to make the Blitz CM Boards a better more welcoming environment. The same goes to those who wanted a change of moderator, I hope I dont let you down in the new role. Finally those who supported RedDevil in the poll and were happy with his moderating style I just hope you afford me the chance to prove myself to be a worthy successor. So that being that I would like to put a full stop to talk about the petition etc. its in the past... we move on.

One thing to be kept in mind though is that the Blitz has rules which Im bound to adhere to. I will do so consistently and transparently, if you break the rules I as a moderator have to adhere to the repercussions of said transgression on behalf of the community. If I have to edit a post for example I will edit it and quote the rule which I feel has been broken. You wll be PM'ed with the reason. End of story. If you wish to discuss it contact me by PM or email and we can do that. If we cant resolve it then take the complaint to the next level. I have no doubt we may have a few rocky roads in future but if we can all follow these simple guidelines it will make the road smoother for the rest of the community. In closing Id like to thank Wigam for stepping up as my Asst Moderator. He will be a great asset to the board and between us all we can make this place flourish again.

Thankyou for reading
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Message from the new moderator - by Copper - 04-18-2008, 03:28 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Copper - 04-18-2008, 03:50 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Ratzki - 04-18-2008, 05:51 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Hedgehog - 04-18-2008, 07:46 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by McIvan - 04-18-2008, 07:51 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Kelen - 04-18-2008, 08:41 PM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Mad Baron - 04-19-2008, 06:46 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Stryker - 04-19-2008, 07:42 AM
RE: Message from the new moderator - by Copper - 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM